General Aviation Aircraft Load Analysis provides new detail to benefit those studying and working in general aviation aircraft structural design. Load analysis is an indispensable preliminary element of aircraft structural design, defining aerodynamic, inertial and operational loads to which the airframe must be equipped to react. Snorri Gudmundsson (author of General Aviation Aircraft Design) provides a clear and practical study of load analysis for general aviation aircraft-the first book to do so. The book explains basic concepts like aerodynamic and inertial loads, as well as new practical methods for calculation including numerical and experimental analyses.
- Focuses exclusively on load for GA aircraft
- Balances basic concepts of load estimation and practical methods of load calculation
- Addresses load estimation using both numerical and experimental methods
- Provides a clear and practical study of load analysis for general aviation aircraft-the first book to do so
1. Introduction 2. Fundamentals of Aircraft Structures 3. Planar and Volumetric Properties 4. Aircraft Weight and Balance 5. Fundamentals of Kinematics, Statics, and Dynamics 6. Fundamentals of Statics 7. Shear, Moment, and Torsion Diagrams 8. Fundamentals of Mechanics of Materials 9. Structural Load Analysis 10. The Flight Envelope 11. Inertial Loads 12. Aerodynamic Loads Classical Methods 13. Aerodynamic Loads Numerical Methods 14. Control System Loads 15. Operational Loads 16. Selected Compliance Methods
Appendix A Miscellaneous Information Appendix B Solutions of Second Order Ordinary Differential Equations