The Role of Neuropeptides in Addiction and Disorders of Excessive Consumption, Volume 136 in the International Review of Neurobiology series, provides an overview of the top candidate neuropeptides in the modulation of alcohol and drug abuse, also covering eating disorders and obesity. Topics covered in this latest release include Corticotropin Releasing Factor (CRF) and Addictive Behaviors, Dynorphin/Kappa Opioid Receptor Signaling in Pre-clinical Models of Alcohol, Drug, and Food Addiction, The Role of Ghrelin Signaling in Additive Behaviors, The Role of the Melanocortin System in Drug and Eating Disorders, Substance P and the Neurokinin-1 Receptor: The New CRH, and the Role of Neuropeptide Y (NPY) in Drug and Eating Disorders.
The book uniquely highlights the overlapping central mechanisms that contribute to both drug and alcohol abuse and eating disorders.
- Presents a recent overview of some of the top candidate neuropeptides in the modulation of alcohol and drug abuse, and in eating disorders and obesity
- Highlights the overlapping central mechanisms that contribute to both drug and alcohol abuse and eating disorders
- Contains chapters that focus on a specific neuropeptide
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
- Neuropeptides and Addiction: An IntroductionTodd E. Thiele
- Corticotropin-Releasing Factor (CRF) and Addictive BehaviorsMarisa Roberto, Samantha R. Spierling, Dean Kirson and Eric P. Zorrilla
- Dynorphin/Kappa Opioid Receptor Signaling in Preclinical Models of Alcohol, Drug, and Food AddictionAnushree Karkhanis, Katherine M. Holleran and Sara R. Jones
- The Role of the Ghrelin System in Drug AddictionLia J. Zallar, Mehdi Farokhnia, Brendan J. Tunstall, Leandro F. Vendruscolo and Lorenzo Leggio
- The Role of the Melanocortin System in Drug and Alcohol AbuseMontserrat Navarro
- Substance P and the Neurokinin-1 Receptor: The New CRFJesse R. Schank and Markus Heilig
- The Role of Neuropeptide Y (NPY) in Alcohol and Drug Abuse DisordersStacey L. Robinson and Todd E. Thiele
- Orexin/Hypocretin System: Role in Food and Drug OverconsumptionJessica R. Barson and Sarah F. Leibowitz
- Oxytocin, Tolerance, and the Dark Side of AddictionCort A. Pedersesen
- Contribution of Urocortin to the Development of Excessive DrinkingAndrey E. Ryabinin and William J. Giardino