Academic Press Library in Signal Processing, Volume 6: Image and Video Processing and Analysis and Computer Vision is aimed at university researchers, post graduate students and R&D engineers in the industry, providing a tutorial-based, comprehensive review of key topics and technologies of research in both image and video processing and analysis and computer vision. The book provides an invaluable starting point to the area through the insight and understanding that it provides.
With this reference, readers will quickly grasp an unfamiliar area of research, understand the underlying principles of a topic, learn how a topic relates to other areas, and learn of research issues yet to be resolved.
- Presents a quick tutorial of reviews of important and emerging topics of research
- Explores core principles, technologies, algorithms and applications
- Edited and contributed by international leading figures in the field
- Includes comprehensive references to journal articles and other literature upon which to build further, more detailed knowledge
1. Multiview Video: Acquisition, Processing, Compression and Virtual View Rendering 2. Plenoptic Imaging Representation 3. Visual attention, Visual salience, Perceived interest in multimedia applications 4. Emerging science of QoE in multimedia applications 5. Computational Photography 6. Face Detection with a 3D Model 7. 3D Shape Analysis 8. Markov models and MCMC algorithms in image processing 9. Scalable Image Informatics 10. Reidentification