Laboratory Animals: Regulations and Recommendations for the Care and Use of Animals in Research, Second Edition, is the only publication to offer a global compilation of standards on the care, welfare and use of animals in research. The book provides updated information that will be of great interest to professionals across laboratory animal science and biomedical research. Users will find a broad picture of the regulations required in other areas of the world that will be essential to appropriately manage animal care and use programs.
- Offers a worldwide view and global compilation of regulations, guidelines and recommendations for laboratory animal research
- Provides insight into factors that play key roles in the regulatory framework for countries and geographic regions
- Compares and contrasts regulations in different regions
- Written in layman's terms to easily understand legislation and regulations
1. Principles: a Tool for Harmonization 2. Oversight of Research Animal Welfare in the United States 3. Canada's Oversight of Animal Use in Science 4. Laboratory Animal Science Legislation in Latin America 5. The European Framework on Research Animal Welfare Regulations and Guidelines 6. Israeli Legislation and Regulation on the Use of Animals in Biological and Medical Research 7. Animal Experimentation in Africa: Legislation and Guidelines 8. Laws, Regulations and Guidelines Shaping Research Animal Care and Use in India 9. Oversight of Animal Research in China 10. Laws, Regulations, Guidelines, and Principles Pertaining to Laboratory Animals in Far East Asia 11. Laws, Regulations, Guidelines and Principles Pertaining to Laboratory Animals in Southeast Asia 12. Laboratory Animals Regulations and Recommendations for Global Collaborative Research: Australia New Zealand 13.Global Guiding Recommendations
Senior Director for Europe & Latin America, AAALAC International . Member, ICLAS Governing Board and Executive Committee . Member, Council of Management and Executive Committee, Laboratory Animals Ltd (journal) . Member, Board EARA . Former President of FELASA and SECAL. Former Member, several European Commission Expert Working Groups on related to the implementation of the Directive 2010/63/EU