The Sharing Economy is a global Mega Trend disrupting several industries, including the automotive sector, by shifting value from individual to collaborative consumption. With ever-increasing population density, urbanization, pollution, congestion, and connected lifestyles, the industry is witnessing a new wave of products and services that help improve the efficiency of the transportation network. The world is moving away from a car ownership-centric model to one that is car access-centric, where cars can be used by the hour.
This research study looks at 3 such collaborative business models-car sharing, eHailing, and ridesharing-in 2016. One of the primary reasons for the popularity of these business models is that they help combat pressing issues such as congestion and pollution that many cities across the globe are dealing with. The study also explores the impact the different business models have on the environment in terms of kilometers reduced from the road, reduced tons of carbon dioxide, monetary savings from ride on demand (ROD) off reduced mileage, and cars removed from the road.
The key metrics discussed in the study are the members, vehicle, and revenue for each business model. The market shares of the participants in the carsharing and eHailing segments have been discussed. For the ridesharing segment, the market shares of different business models are explored. The study also offers profiles of the key market participants in each of these segments. It discusses key trends that affect these segments.
There is a lot of room for innovation for in the shared mobility space for mobility operators and technology software providers that can keep updating their offerings to provide a more wholesome customer experience.
The base year for this study is 2016 and the study period is from 2016 to 2025. For the carsharing and eHailing market segments, the geographic scope covered is global, while for ridesharing, the scope is North America and Europe.
Key Questions this Study will Answer:
- Is the customer mind-set on vehicle ownership changing? How does it affect the growth of the mobility market in 2016?
- What are the profiles of key participants in each segment?
- What will be the impact of the various mobility models on car ownership and the environment?
- How is each mobility service market segmented?
- What are the upcoming technology solutions influencing mobility market trends? How will existing service providers adapt to the shift in
- technology trends?
- Executive Summary-Key Findings
- Traditional Carsharing
- Mobility Solutions-Ridesharing
- Research Scope
- Key Questions this Study will Answer
- Research Background
- Research Methodology
- Carsharing Business Models
- Profile-BMW DriveNow
- Profile-FCA Enjoy
- Ridesharing Business Models
- Zimride (Owned by Enterprise Car Rental)
- Definition of Taxi Business Models
- Uber-Company Snapshot
- Gett-Company Snapshot
- Grab-Company Snapshot
- EasyTaxi-Company Snapshot
- Careem-Company Snapshot
- Growth Opportunity-Mobility Business Models
- Strategic Imperatives for Success and Growth
- Impact Analysis of Carsharing
- Impact Analysis of Ridesharing
- Impact Analysis of eHailing
- Key Conclusions and Future Outlook
- Conclusions and So-what Analysis
- The Last Word-3 Big Predictions
- Legal Disclaimer
- Market Engineering Methodology