This research service covers the global opportunities in 2017 for pumps companies in the top 3 end-user industry segments (water and wastewater, food and beverages, and construction). It offers regional analysis of how economic factors will impact the market. Opportunities in all end-user industry applications for pump manufacturers are highlighted, including: oil and gas (upstream, midstream, and downstream); power generation; chemicals and petrochemicals; water and wastewater; construction/cement; food and beverages; metals and mining; and pharmaceuticals. Global economic changes and the impact on end-user industry trends and aftermarket services are detailed as well.
The study outlines the latest trends in terms of industry, economy, and technology across the top 3 industry segments for centrifugal and positive displacement (PD) pumps across the globe. Geographic segmentation is divided by North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Middle East and Africa. The study period is 2016–2017. The study concludes with a competitive analysis of top pump participants and elaborates on their strengths and weaknesses for 2017.
Top Predictions for 2017:
- Oil Price Rally Likely Running Out of Steam: According to the international benchmark, Brent crude is expected to settle at less than $55 on account of bearish sentiments from speculators, which indicates rising possibilities that the oil rally, indeed, could be running out of steam.
- End-User Impact: Coupled with a warm winter and increasing demand for gasoline, US refineries are operating at their highest capacity utilization driving up growth opportunities for pumps across the globe. Rising investments in biotechnology for wastewater treatment along with booming fracking activities in the United States are pushing up demand for PD pumps.
- Consolidation Market on Overdrive: Hectic global competition is driving the global pumps market to consolidation, exemplified by a string of mergers and acquisitions in 2015. Compelling, fresh, and strategic perspectives on collaboration and consolidation will be necessary to drive long-term growth of larger market participants in the high-growth markets.
- Energy Efficiency at the Forefront: With end users focusing on cost cutting, new technologies offering energy savings and operational excellence will be winners. Sensorization, data deluge, and focus on analytics and cost savings are helping to drive the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT). New entrants are challenging incumbents, as traditional pump manufacturers continue to do “more of the same”. The transformative business value that IIoT has on the process equipment industry is immense.
- Global pumps industry growth in 2017 is expected to be driven by the Asia-Pacific and North American regions.
- Key end-user industries presenting growth opportunities for pump manufacturers in 2017 include water & wastewater and chemicals.
- Innovation and investment in R&D will remain the key focus for global pump manufacturers in 2017.
- Robotics is gaining prominence in upstream processing applications and primary packaging.
- Growing innovations in new applications for robotics are expected to bring new opportunities for the pumps industry globally.
- Stiff competition from European and Asian pumps manufacturers is likely to affect North American pumps sales, as these may be viewed as viable alternatives to American pumps due to their improved quality and competitive pricing strategy.
- Massive CAPEX investments are being planned in the specialty chemicals segment, which is opening up immense opportunities for process equipment manufacturers from all over the world.
- Manufacturers offering a comprehensive package constituting flow control solution and automation technologies along with diagnostic capabilities are at a competitive advantage.
Key Highlights of 2016-Overview of the 2016 Pumps Market Landscape
Bold Predictions for 2017
Market Revenue-2016 and 2017
Revenue Forecast by Pump Type and Region
Revenue Forecast by Pump Type and End-user Industry
2. Research Scope and Segmentation
3. Global Economic Outlook, 2017
Global Economic Outlook and Growth Implications
World’s 20 Largest Economies in 2016
World’s 20 Fastest Growing Economies in 2016 and 2017
Top Economic Trends-2017
Top Economic Predictions-2017
Top Predictions in 2017-Advanced Economies
Top Predictions in 2017-BRICS Nations
4. Pumps Industry Outlook, 2017
Overview of the 2017 Pumps Industry Landscape
Market Revenue of Global Centrifugal Pumps
Market Revenue of Global PD Pumps
5. End-Industries Outlook, 2017
Oil & Gas Outlook-Unconventional O&G Cost and Its Impact
Oil & Gas Outlook-Short-term Oil Price Forecast
Oil & Gas Outlook-Impact on Share of the O&G Sector
Oil & Gas Outlook-Technology Trends: Unmanned FLNG Concepts
Global Pumps Market Revenue from Oil & Gas-2016 and 2017
Power Generation Outlook-Renewable Energy Takes Center Stage
Power Generation Outlook-Solar Power at the Forefront
Power Generation Outlook-Power Plant Services in Boom Stage
Global Pumps Market Revenue from Power Generation-2016 and 2017
Mining Industry Outlook-Increasing the Digital Footprint in Mining
Mining Industry Outlook-Expanding the Mining Footprint
Mining Industry Outlook-Increasing the Digital Footprint in Mining
Global Pumps Market Revenue from Mining-2016 and 2017
Chemicals Industry Outlook-Bulk and Specialty Chemicals Boom
Growth and Impact of Specialty Chemicals in the Long Term
Chemicals Industry Outlook-F3 Factories and Integrated Bio-refineries
Global Pumps Market Revenue from Chemicals-2016 and 2017
Water Industry Outlook-Convergence of Robotics with Water Industry
Water Industry Outlook-Robotics Penetration Analysis
Water Industry Outlook-Rising Adoption of Biotechnology in Water
Global Pumps Market Revenue from WWW-2016 and 2017
F&B Outlook-FoodBots and their Applications in the Food Industry
F&B Outlook-Examples of Food Robots and Food Manufacturing Plants
F&B Outlook-New Facility Designs
Global Pumps Market Revenue from F&B-2016 and 2017
Construction Outlook-Smart Cities around the World
Construction Outlook-APAC Mature and Emerging Smart Cities Map
Construction Outlook-CAPEX Analysis in Global Construction Industry
Global Pumps Market Revenue from Construction-2016 and 2017
6. Commercial Pumps Outlook, 2017
Commercial Pumps Outlook-North America
Commercial Pumps Outlook-Europe
Trends to Watch Out for in 2017-Commercial Pumps (HVAC)
Trends to Watch Out for in 2017-Fire Pump Applications
7. Competitive Outlook
Market Share of Top 10 Participants-Global Pumps Market
Competitive Landscape of Manufacturers-Total Pumps Segment
New Product/Technology Highlights of 2016
8. Technology Outlook
Top Trends for 2017 and beyond and the Potential Implications on Technology Innovation
Adoption and Penetration of Technologies
Key Technology Trends-2017
Cognitive Analytics and Next-Gen Prognostics for the Industrial Internet
Technology Outlook-Groundbreaking Technological Innovation: The Concept of Digital Twins
Technology Outlook-Creating a Digital Twin of a Pump: Discussion
9. Growth Opportunities and Companies to Action
Major Growth Opportunities
Growth Opportunity 1-Globalization
Growth Opportunity 2-Industry Convergence
Strategic Imperatives for Success and Growth
10. Winners of 2016-Global Pumps Industry
Armstrong Fluid Technology-Award in the Fluid Flow Equipment Industry for Commercial Applications: North America
Other Winners of 2016-Global Pumps Industry
11. Mega Trends and Industry Convergence Implications
Impact of Mega Trends on the Global Pumps Market
Impact of Mega Trends on the Global Pumps Market Discussion
12. Key Conclusions
Key Conclusions and 2017 Outlook
13. The Last Word
The Last Word-3 Big Predictions for 2017
Abbreviations and Acronyms Used
List of Metals Mentioned
End-user Investment Outlook by Region for 2017
Additional Sources of Information on the Pumps Market