"Cigarettes in Sudan, 2017", is an analytical report that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the market. The report offers Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis, and our in-house expertise.
Cigarette sales have increased in recent years due to the improvement in the economy and partly as a reflection of a population which has grown by 2.5%-3% a year. 2006 saw a downturn - the first for a decade - but strong growth resumed and continued since with cigarettes consumption reaching 6,600 million pieces in 2016.
- Legitimate per capita sales for Sudan were estimated at 180 pieces in 2016, up from 78 pieces in 2000 and 71 pieces at the start of the review period in 1990.
- The two main manufacturers in Sudan are Haggar Cigarette and Tobacco Factory, the dominant player. Both have recently been acquired by multinational.
- Imports are believed to be rising and standing at 300 million pieces in 2015. Exports are not believed to be a significant feature of the market.
Reasons to buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
2. Market Size
3. Market Structure
4. Manufacturers & Brands
5. Taxation & Retail
5.2. Retail Prices
6. The Smoking Population
7. Production & Trade
8. Operating constraints
8.1. Advertising Restrictions
8.2. Health Warnings
8.3. Government Restrictions
9. Company Profiles
10. Prospects & Forecasts
11.1. What is this Report About?
11.2. Time Frame
11.3. Product Category Coverage
List of Tables
Table 1: Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2016
Table 2: Cigarette Consumption by Country, 2010-2016
Table 3: Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2016
Table 4: Market Structure: Domestic v Imported, 2000-2015, Million Pieces
Table 5: Market Structure: Domestic v Imported, 2000-2015, %
Table 6: Manufacturer Sales & Market Shares, 2002-2016, Million Pieces
Table 7: Manufacturer Sales & Market Share, 2000-2016, %
Table 8: Smoking Population, 1990-2016
Table 9: Cigarette Production, 1990-2015, Million pieces
Table 10: Cigarette Imports, 1994-2015, Million pieces
Table 11: Imports by Country of Origin, 2005-2009, Million Pieces
Table 12: Imports by Country of Origin, 2005-2009, %
Table 13: Imports by Exporting Country, 2010-2015, Million Pieces
Table 14: Haggar Cigarette & Tobacco Factory Ltd
Table 15: Blue Nile Cigarette Company Ltd
Table 16: Consumption Forecasts, Million pieces, 2016-2026
List of Figures
Figure 1: Methodology