"Cigarettes in Turkmenistan, 2017", is an analytical report that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the market. The report offers Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis, and our in-house expertise.
Turkmenistan is a tobacco-growing country but is not a major leaf producer and there are no known cigarette producers manufacturing in the country, which is entirely dependent on imports. From January 2016, legitimate duty-paid sales are forecast to be zero; previously, a market of approximately 2.3 billion pieces was forecast for 2024. Any remaining demand will inevitably be met by the black market.
- Legitimate sales are estimated at 1.6 billion pieces in 2015, but have been higher, with per capita consumption estimated at 315 pieces per year.
- This is low due to the comparatively low disposable incomes, the low prevalence of smoking among women (less than 1% of women smoke compared with over 13% of men), and the growing presence of contraband cigarettes.
- There are no known cigarette producers manufacturing in the country, which is entirely dependent on imports. From January 2016, legitimate duty-paid sales are forecast to be zero; previously, a market of approximately 2.3 billion pieces was forecast for 2024. Any remaining demand will inevitably be met by the black market.
Reasons to buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
2. Market Size
3. Market Structure
4. Manufacturers & Brands
5. Taxation & Retail Prices
5.2. Retail Prices
6. The Smoking Population
7. Production & Trade
8. Operating constraints
8.1. Advertising Restrictions
8.2. Health Warnings
8.3. Other Restrictions
9. Prospects & Forecasts
10.1. What is this Report About?
10.2. Time Frame
10.3. Product Category Coverage
List of Tables
Table 1: Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2016
Table 2: Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2016
Table 3: Smoking Population, 1990-2015
Table 4: Cigarette Imports, 1994-2015
Table 5: Imports to Turkmenistan by Country, 2007-2015
Table 6: Imports to Turkmenistan by Country, 2007-2015, % of Total
Table 7: Consumption Forecasts, 2015-2025
List of Figures
Figure 1: Methodology