"Cigarettes in Mauritius, 2017", is an analytical report that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the market. The report offers Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis, and our in-house expertise.
The cigarette market is relatively flat and will potentially decline long term but recent efforts to combat contraband trade have lifted duty paid volume. Volume recovered to 1,092 million pieces in 2016. The market exhibits strong western characteristics with king size lengths dominating. International brands are popular, due to the dominant presence of BAT and the influence of tourism. From the low point of 966 million pieces in 2015 the market recovered to 1092 million pieces in 2016, but is forecast to decline to 960 million pieces by 2025, although there may be further fluctuations in demand in the interim. Per capita consumption will follow a downward trend longer term, ending 2025 5.6% down on 2015 levels at 681 pieces per person.
- Mauritius is a small, but fairly stable market for cigarettes with annual market volume around one billion pieces (1,092 million pieces in 2016), little changed since 1990 levels with volume at 1,071 million pieces.
- The market exhibits strong western characteristics with king size lengths dominating.
- International brands are popular, due to the dominant presence of BAT which 90.8% share in 2016 and the influence of tourism.
Reasons to buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
2. Market Size
3. Market Structure
4. Manufacturers & Brands
5. Taxation & Retail
5.2. Retail Prices
6. The Smoking Population
7. Production & Trade
8. Operating constraints
8.1. Advertising Restrictions
8.2. Health Warnings/Labelling Requirements
8.3. Other Restrictions
9. Prospects & Forecasts
10.1. What is this Report About?
10.2. Time Frame
10.3. Product Category Coverage
List of Tables
Table 1: Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2016, Million Pieces
Table 2: Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2016
Table 3: Manufacturer Sales & Market Share, 2000-2016, Million Pieces
Table 4: Manufacturer Sales & Market Share, 2000-2016, %
Table 5: Cigarette Brands by Manufacturer
Table 6: Tobacco Excise Duty Revenue, 2007-2015
Table 7: Cigarette Price Development, 2008-2012
Table 8: Smoking Population, 1990-2015
Table 9: Smoking Prevalence by Age Group and Gender, 2015
Table 10: Smoking Prevalence by Age Group & Gender, 2001 & 2010
Table 11: Smoking Prevalence by Sex & Age, 1987, 1992 & 1998, %
Table 12: Smoking Prevalence by Ethnic Group, 1987, 1992 & 1998, %
Table 13: Smoking Prevalence by Income Group, 1987, 1992 & 1998, %
Table 14: Cigarette Production, 1990-2016, Million pieces
Table 15: Cigarette Imports, 1990-2016, Million pieces
Table 16: Cigarette Imports by Country of Origin (UN Trade Statistics), 2000-2015, Million Pieces
Table 17: Cigarette Imports by Country of Origin (UN Trade Statistics), 2000-2015, %
Table 18: Cigarette Imports: Volume (National Data), 2010-2016, Million Pieces
Table 19: Cigarette Imports: Volume (National Data), 2010-2016, %
Table 20: Exports by Country of Destination, 2005-2015, Million Pieces
Table 21: Cigarette Exports Volume (National Data), 2010-2016, Million Pieces
Table 22: Cigarette Exports Volume (National Data), 2010-2013, %
Table 23: Consumption Forecasts, Million pieces, 2015-2025
List of Figures
Figure 1: Methodology