The growing acceptance of recycled wastewater in the industrial and non-potable applications is expected to drive the demand for wastewater recycling and reuse systems in the municipal segment. The study aims to analyse and forecast the Indian urban wastewater market outlook and technology trends up to 2020.
- Study Period - 2014-2020
- Pre-treatment - Medium and Fine Screening, Grit Removal, Grinders, Oil and Grease Removal
- Primary Treatment - Clarification, Settling Tanks, Aeration Tanks, Sedimentation Tanks, Anaerobic Treatment
- Secondary Treatment - ASP, Submerged Media Aerobic Bio-Filtration, Moving Bed Biological Reactor (MBBR), Sequential Batch Reactor (SBR), Membrane Biological Reactor (MBR), Trickling Filters, Upflow Anaerobic Sludge Blanket (UASB), Waste Stabilisation Ponds (WSP)
- Tertiary Treatment - Microscreens, Disinfection
- Sludge Management - Sludge Thickening, Sludge Anaerobic Digestion / Stabilisation, Dewatering / Solar Drying
- Final By-product Disposal - Landfilling, Biogas for Electrical Energy Production
Urban wastewater treatment is a major challenge in India as infrastructural development and regulations have not kept pace with population growth and urbanization. Domestic sewerage treatment in urban areas is very limited, with only 31% of wastewater generated being treated in twenty three metropolitan cities.
The Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB) has identified highly polluted stretches of rivers in and around large urban areas. There is therefore lot of emphasis on wastewater recycling and reuse for applications such as process water, landscaping, toilet flushing, etc.
This research service provides an analysis of wastewater technology, status of sewage treatment plants, revenue forecasts, and competitive landscape. The base year for the study is 2016 and 2017 - 2020 is the forecast period. A growing number of municipal corporations are starting to look at wastewater recycling as a solution to narrow the widening water demand and supply gap. The study also provides key market breakdown, trends, business models, evaluation of wastewater treatment technologies, and best practice use of technology in the Indian market.
Key Questions This Study will Answer:
- What are the key market trends that will define the growth of wastewater treatment systems in urban areas?
- What is the most preferred technology for urban wastewater treatment and why?
- What are the successful business models adopted by service providers?
- What are the regional initiatives to tackle urban wastewater treatment? Which are the most attractive regions for growth?
- What are the key market growth opportunities? What are the key strategic imperatives for growth?
- Key Findings
- Equipment Coverage
- Wastewater Generation and Treatment
- Status of Sewage Treatment Plants in India
- Market Drivers
- Drivers Explained
- Market Restraints
- Restraints Explained
- Forecast Assumptions
- Revenue Forecast
- Revenue Forecast Discussion
- Wastewater Treatment Process
- Analysis of Wastewater Treatment Technologies
- Analysis of Wastewater Treatment Technologies-Discussion
- Evaluation of Wastewater Treatment Technologies
- Evaluation of Wastewater Treatment Technologies-Discussion
- Best Practice Use of Technology
- Competitive Overview
- Competitive Environment
- Top Competitors
- Business Models
- Business Models-PPP Process
- Competitive Factors and Assessment
- Value Chain Analysis
- Value Chain Analysis Discussion
- STPs by State and their Installed Capacities
- Regional Initiatives on Urban Sanitation
- Government Funds for Regional Sanitation
- Ganga River Water Pollution
- Ganga River Water Pollution-Domestic Sewage Generation
- Ganga River Water Pollution-Status of STPs
- Namami Gange Project
- Growth Opportunity 1-Wastewater Recycling
- Growth Opportunity 2-Rehabilitation of Existing Plant Infrastructure
- Growth Opportunity 3-Wastewater Treatment
- Strategic Imperatives for Success and Growth
- Three Big Predictions
- Legal Disclaimer