The Latin American telecommunications market is experiencing increasing concentration as telcos struggle with dwindling revenues from traditional services and face the challenge of developing new business models and services that will add value for customers and enterprises from different verticals.
This study provides a 2017 outlook for the Latin American telecom services industry, focusing on the implications of the competitive landscape as companies surf the trend of new service and application opportunities. The research scope includes technologies such as Big Data, SDN and NFV, augmented reality, and carrier Ethernet over WAN. The market trends examined include technological developments in the region such as Big Data for telcos, eCommerce/online marketplaces, innovation-enabled monetization, and augmented reality, among others.
The study explores growth opportunities that will be created by telecom service providers and identifies potential business models. It evaluates telecom service providers’ future focus on infrastructure, technologies, services, and business models, and includes a 2017 growth analysis.
Analyses for 2016 and 2017 include measurements for Big Data, mobile money, mobile voice, mobile data, and mobile enterprise applications; 2016–2017 growth rates are provided.
Strategies, growth analysis, and future focus are discussed for telecommunications providers pertaining to 2016. The base year for the study is 2016, and forecasting is provided for 2017.
Telcos are having difficulties crossing the chasm between a fragmented ecosystem with a cost opportunity business model and selling connectivity for an ecosystem of partners; no one manages to cover all businesses as well as sell solutions and services. The challenges are organizational since data management, security and privacy, and interoperability are evolving fast to a Big Data framework, managed security services, and standardization.
Managed telco operations services are transforming from managed network operations centers (NOCs), field operations, configuration management, and operations and monetization software into IT infrastructure management, cloud infrastructure management, cloud infrastructure and connectivity management, service operations centers (SOCs), and small cell operations. Next-generation networks (NFV/SDN), managed M2M solutions, and customer experience centers are emerging in the telecommunications market.
Therefore, since telcos’ revenues are being affected by changes in market dynamics, they need to focus on becoming customer-centric organizations, investing in new products and services, aiming to transform their cost base and simplify, as well as digitalize, complex business models, processes, and systems. Telcos’ structure must become more agile, flexible, and able to leverage an interconnected ecosystem to adapt to this new era.
Key Questions this Study will Answer:
- What are the top predictions and leading market trends that will drive the various sectors of the telecom market in 2017? What impact will they have?
- What are the key growth opportunities and strategic imperatives for current and potential telecom market participants in 2017?
- What is the impact of the technological framework and trends on market growth?
- What are the potential business models that will transform the telecom market in 2017? What impact will they have?
- Key Findings
- Research Scope
- Snapshot of Key 2017 Telecom Services Industry Predictions
- Top Telecom Services Industry Predictions for 2017
- Big Data Telecommunications CAPEX-2016 and 2017
- Big Data Telecommunications CAPEX-Forecast Discussion
- Mobile Money Services Industry Users-2016 and 2017
- Mobile Money Services Industry Users-Forecast Discussion
- Mobile Services Industry Revenue-2016 and 2017
- Mobile Services Industry Revenue-Forecast Discussion
- Mobile Enterprise Applications Industry Revenue-2016 and 2017
- Mobile Enterprise Applications Industry Revenue-Forecast Discussion
- M2M Services Industry Revenue-2016 and 2017
- M2M Services Industry Revenue-Forecast Discussion
- Opportunities for Telcos in Digital Transformation
- Digital Transformation-Self Service
- Digital Transformation-Agile IT
- Digital Transformation-Vertical Solutions
- Big Data’s Major Telco Opportunities
- Big Data-Customer 360
- Big Data-Network Optimization
- Big Data-Data Monetization
- Mobile Money Deployments for the Unbanked
- Mobile Money-Success Factors
- Mobile Money-Role of Telcos
- Innovation and Monetization
- CSPs Monetization Systems-from Specific to General
- Innovation and Monetization-One-Billing-System-for-All No Longer Applies
- SDN and NFV-Next Big Trend Brewing in the Communication Services Industry
- SDN and NFV-Traditional ICT Products and Services Cannot Drive Growth
- SDN and NFV-Different yet Complementary Tech
- eCommerce and Online Marketplaces vs. Traditional Retail
- eCommerce and Online Marketplaces-Key Driving Factors
- Trends in eCommerce and Enabling Technologies
- Augmented Reality-Overview
- Augmented Reality-Market Drivers
- Augmented Reality-Market Restraints
- Augmented Reality-Applications/Industry Impact
- Carrier Ethernet over WAN-Outlook
- Carrier Ethernet over WAN-Key Driving Factors
- Carrier Ethernet over WAN-Plan of Action for Carriers
- Mobility and Mobile Enterprise Applications
- Mobile Device Usage and Ownership
- Enforcing BYOD Policies
- IoT Market Distribution Channels
- IoT-Key Industry Vertical Taxonomy
- IoT as an Enabler of Industry Transformation
- Key 2017 Telco Digital Transformation Trends
- Key 2017 Big Data for Telcos Trends
- Key 2017 Mobile Money Trends
- Key 2017 Innovation Enabled by Monetization Trends
- Key 2017 SDN / NFV Trends
- Key 2017 eCommerce and Online Marketplaces Trends
- Key 2017 Augmented Reality Trends
- Key 2017 Carrier Ethernet over WAN Trends
- Key 2017 Mobility Trends
- Key 2017 Internet of Things Trends
- Growth Opportunity 1-Customer-centric Organization for Digital Transformation
- Growth Opportunity 2-Monetize Big Data
- Growth Opportunity 3-Interoperability for Mobile Money Wallets
- Growth Opportunity 4-CSP Monetization Systems
- Growth Opportunity 5-Deploy SDN and NFV to Enhance Network Efficiency and Scalability
- Growth Opportunity 6-Enabling Technologiesin eCommerce
- Growth Opportunity 7-Augmented Reality
- Growth Opportunity 8-Carrier Ethernet over WAN
- Growth Opportunity 9-Applications to Foster Growth while Protecting Traditional Revenue Sources
- Growth Opportunity 10-IoT Infrastructure and Solution Provider
- Strategic Imperatives for Success and Growth
- Key Conclusions
- Legal Disclaimer