Piloted driving is rapidly being offered by most OEMs for a particular stretch. All major OEMs have a definite plan to launch an automated vehicle by at least 2025, while trying to differentiate themselves by how the automation is delivered to the customer.
Automakers face the inevitable shift from today's brand loyalty into more functional and lifestyle models of the future, where consumers are likely to employ Automobiles-as-a-Service, giving rise to alternative business opportunities within the automotive industry. Keeping in tune with the changing demographics in the automotive industry, regulators have modified the regulation on mirrors, allowing OEMs to offer digital exterior and interior mirrors supplementing traditional mirrors.
Digital mirrors, also known as hybrid mirrors, are extremely important to migrate the control from vehicle to driver and vice versa in a smooth and hassle-free manner. However, the advent of advanced driver assistant systems (ADAS) with technologies such as heads-up display, blind spot detection, and lane keeping assist have partly made traditional external mirrors and, to an extent, interior mirrors redundant in highway traffic. Growing consumer preference for convenient technologies is likely to result in doubling the take rate of level 2 automated driving enabled vehicles in 2016.
This research service explores the future of the rear view mirrors market as the industry migrates from a traditional mirror to an intelligent mirror that offers various other capabilities such as a continuous video feed of the surroundings.
The objectives of the study are as follows:
- To determine the impact of current technology and vehicle segment trends on the interior and exterior mirror segments
- To identify the main Megatrends that shape the interior and exterior mirror segments
- To identify key technologies that will drive the evolution of interior and exterior mirrors
- To analyze the positioning of eMirrors
- To sketch the future outlook of the market with conclusions
Some of the key questions this report will try to answer:
- How have interior and exterior mirrors evolved over the years?
- How do various Megatrends in the automotive industry converge on enhancing the technologies used in interior and exterior mirrors?
- What technologies influence the various components of interior and exterior mirrors?
- What are the various interest levels of industry participants in the interior and exterior mirror segments?
- What are the expected adoption rates of interior and exterior eMirrors by 2025?
The study covers North American and European regions, with the base year being 2016 and forecasts up to 2025.
Interior Rear View Mirrors Segment Overview-2016 and 2025 Scenario
Exterior Rear View Mirrors Segment Overview-2016 and 2025 Scenario
Current and Future Outlook-eMirrors
Current and Future Outlook-Total Rear View Mirrors Market
2. Research Scope, Objectives, Background, and Methodology
Research Aims and Objectives
Key Questions this Study will Answer
3. Definitions and Segmentation
4. Regulatory Scan
Amendment of UN ECE R46-Japan
US FMVSS 111
5. Megatrends Influencing the Rear View Mirrors Market
Megatrends Influencing the Rear View Mirrors Market
Car Cockpits and Cabins of the Future-Top 5 Megatrends
6. Technology Overview
Evolution of Interior Rear View Mirrors
Product Lifecycle Analysis
7. Application Overview
Interior Rear View Mirrors with Camera Module
Exterior Rear View Mirrors with Camera Module
Blind Spot Eradication
8. Market Overview
Interior Rear View Mirrors-Unit Shipment Forecast by Mirrors Type
Interior eMirrors-Unit Shipment Scenario Analysis
Exterior Rear View Mirrors-Unit Shipment Forecast by Mirrors Type
Exterior eMirrors-Unit Shipment Scenario Analysis
Interior Rear View Mirrors-Revenue Forecast by Mirrors Type
Exterior Rear View Mirrors-Revenue Forecast by Mirrors Type
eMirror Adoption Outlook
9. Case Studies
Ficosa-Antennas Integrated into Exterior Mirrors
Gentex-Biometric Interior Rear View Mirror
10. Growth Opportunities and Companies to Action
Growth Opportunity-Investments and Partnerships from OEMs/TSPs
Strategic Imperatives for Success and Growth
11. Conclusions and Future Outlook
Key Conclusions and 2025 Outlook
The Last Word-3 Big Predictions
Market Engineering Methodology