The Latin American Information Technology (IT) industry is growing quickly. Companies of different sizes and across a variety of verticals are increasingly understanding the benefits of IT and increasing their technology budgets to support business operations. Technologies are being leveraged to support companies' digital transformation process. Big Data Analytics emerged as a technology that is being discussed inside and outside IT departments.
Companies across several industry verticals have realized that they need to harness the power of data coming from a variety of sources to survive. Internet of Things (IoT) is also a trend that will increase the availability of data to be analyzed and will open opportunities for product and process enhancements and for the creation of new business models. Companies are also leveraging cloud computing to support their digital transformation because it enables fast processing and storage on a consumption basis with more attractive prices. Cloud computing can also act as an important element to support innovation, as companies can use cloud platforms for easier and faster development.
Research, Methodology & Scope:
Frost & Sullivan conducted detailed primary interviews with leading providers, analyzed their quarterly and annual reports, and utilized internal databases to perform a detailed revenue analysis of the analyzed markets. The resulting revenue market size reflects a sum total of our estimates for individual companies.
In this research, Frost & Sullivan examines the Latin American IT market, composed of Big Data and Analytics, Infrastructure as a Service, Data Center Services, Managed Security Services, IoT, and Mobile Device Management (MDM). The six markets first mentioned have a regional coverage comprised of estimations for the combination of at least the six major economies in the region-Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Mexico, and Peru. The IoT analysis refers only to Brazil, while the MDM analysis covers Brazil and Mexico. The study period is from 2016 to 2017, with a base year of 2016.
The study examines the current market size and growth forecasts as well as the market development stage. This research also provides insights regarding growth opportunities and emerging trends that will affect market participants over the forecast period.
Key Questions this Study will Answer:
- What is the total size of the IT market in Latin America and how is it expected to grow from 2016 to 2017?
- What are the main IT trends in each of the analyzed markets?
- What are the main growth opportunities in each of the analyzed markets?
- Research Scope
- Market Definitions
- Top Information Technology Industry Predictions for 2017
- IT Industry-Impact Analysis
- Market Snapshot-IT Industry
- Market Snapshot-Big Data and Analytics
- Market Snapshot-Infrastructure as a Service
- Market Snapshot-Data Center Services
- Market Snapshot-Internet of Things
- Market Snapshot-Managed Security Services
- Market Snapshot-Mobile Device Management
- End-user Insights-Primary Drivers for IT Investments
- End-user Insights-Plans for IT investment
- BDA Growth Opportunity-Industry-oriented Approach
- BDA Growth Opportunity-Advisory and Educational Approach
- BDA Growth Opportunity-Non-technical Solutions
- IaaS Growth Opportunity-Hybrid Cloud
- IaaS Growth Opportunity-Managed Services
- IaaS Growth Opportunity-Feature Rich Solutions
- Data Center Growth Opportunity-Cloud Computing
- Data Center Growth Opportunity-Digital Transformation
- Data Center Growth Opportunity-Vertical Specialization
- IoT Growth Opportunity: Vertical Integration-Automotive
- IoT Growth Opportunity: Vertical Integration-Manufacturing
- MSS Growth Opportunity-Advanced Threats
- MSS Growth Opportunity-IoT
- MSS Growth Opportunity-Geographic Expansion
- MDM Growth Opportunity-EMM
- Strategic Imperatives for IT Providers
- Key Conclusions and Outlook
- Legal Disclaimer