Giropay is an online credit transfer-based payment method in Germany. Founded in 2005, it allows online shoppers to make payments directly from their bank accounts.
It is supported by more than 1,500 banks and is a prominent payment method for e-commerce purchases, accounting for approximately 3% of Germany’s total e-commerce transaction value in 2017.
Giropay payments are popular among retailers; they are guaranteed by the buyer’s bank, meaning they cannot be reversed. The payment method is gaining traction among airlines, with companies such as Deutsche Lufthansa, Singapore Airlines, and Transavia now accepting Giropay payments for flight bookings. Giropay is also widely used for utility bill payments.
The report provides information and insights into alternative payment solution Giropay, including:
- Detailed insight into its business and geographical presence
- Comprehensive coverage of its products and services
- Comparative assessment with key alternative payment solutions
- Information on its performance, including its revenue model
- The company's important events and milestones
- Giropay is an online credit transfer-based payment method in Germany.
- Giropay has enabled the authentication of online transactions of up to €30 without the use of a TAN.
- In 2014, Giropay and EPS Austria collaborated to provide cross-border payments via a single payment interface.
- In September 2017, Austrian Federal Railways added Giropay as a payment method for train ticket purchases.
- Gain insights into Giropay's business operations, and key events.
- Gain insights into its product portfolio and revenue model.
- Assess the competitive dynamics in the alternative payments industry by comparing its performance against competitors.
Products and Services