Objectives of the Presentation:
- List HIPAA texting and emailing updates for 2017
- Discuss BYOD (bring your own device) in a healthcare environment
- Describe most commonly used portable devices
- Discuss the increased burden to business associates
- Discuss emailing and texting personal health information (PHI)
- Describe the federal audit process for sending emails and text messages
Why Should you Attend?
- What's new in 2017?
- How can you protect your practice or business?
- What factors might spur a HIPAA audit? Are you doing these things?
Join Brian Tuttle for this 90-minute webinar where he will detail your practice or business information technology and how it relates to the HIPAA Security Rule, in particular portable devices. This webinar will provide education on texting, email, encryption, medical messaging, voice data and risk factors as they relate to IT. He will uncover myths versus reality as it correlates to this very enigmatic law based on over 600 risk assessments performed as well as years of experience in dealing directly with the Office of Civil Rights HIPAA auditors.
- Updates for 2017
- Portable devices
- Doctors and texting
- Practical solutions
- Business associates and the increased burden
- Emailing of PHI
- Texting of PHI
- Federal Audit Process
Brian L Tuttle,
Senior Compliance Consultant and IT Manager ,
In Gauge Healthcare Solutions
Brian CPHIT, CHP, CBRA, Net+, A+, CCNA, MCP is a Certified HIPAA Professional (CHP), Certified Business Resilience Auditor (CBRA) with over 15 years’ experience in Health IT and Compliance Consulting.
Mr Tuttle has worked all of those 15 years with MAG Mutual Healthcare Solutions and is now Senior Compliance Consultant and IT Manager with In Gauge Healthcare Solutions (previously named MAG Mutual Healthcare Solutions). Almost all of Brian’s clients are earned by referral with little or no advertising. Brian is well known and highly regarded in medical circles throughout the United States.
- Home health and hospice agencies
- Physicians and other medical professionals
- Billing companies
- Transcription companies
- IT companies
- Answering services