The Microelectronics TechVision Opportunity Engine (TOE) captures global electronics-related innovations and developments on a weekly basis. Developments are centred on electronics attributed by low power and cost, smaller size, better viewing, display and interface facilities, wireless connectivity, higher memory capacity, flexibility and wearables. Research focus themes include small footprint lightweight devices (CNTs, graphene), smart monitoring and control (touch and haptics), energy efficiency (LEDs, OLEDs, power and thermal management, energy harvesting), and high speed and improved conductivity devices (SiC, GaN, GaAs).
Miniaturization, a move toward lower power consumption, and the need for enhanced features are driving innovations in the electronics sector. Technology focus areas include semiconductor manufacturing and design, flexible electronics, 3D integration/IC, MEMS and NEMS, solid state lighting, advanced displays, nanoelectronics, wearable electronics, brain computer interface, advanced displays, near field communication, and next generation data storage or memory.
- Scalable Ion Exchange-based Platform for Fabrication of Integrated Optics
- Laser-based Wireless Communication System for Free Space Optic Communication
- Scalable Photonic Integration Platform to Enable 400G Optical Tranceivers
- Wafer Scale Monolithic Integration Technique for Silicon Photonics
- Multiple Wavelength Monolithic Quantum Well Laser Diode through IFVD QWI Technique
- Industry Contacts