Aerospace and Defense TechVision Opportunity Engine (TOE) delves into the technologies and applications that shape both commercial and military aviation and space exploration, ranging from engine design to the latest avionics systems. The defense portion of the publication explores the many facets of 21st century military technologies, such as UAV improvements, and cutting edge battlefield medical treatment.
The Advanced Manufacturing and Automation (AMA) Cluster covers technologies that enable clean, lean and flexible manufacturing and industrial automation. Technologies such as three-dimensional (3D) and four-dimensional (4D) printing, wireless sensors and networks, information and communication technology, multimaterial joining, composites manufacturing, digital manufacturing, micro- and nano-manufacturing, lasers, advanced software, and printing techniques, are covered as part of this cluster. The technologies covered here impact a wide range of industries, such as the impact semiconductor, automotive and transportation, aerospace and defense, industrial, healthcare, logistics, and electronics industries.
- Overview of Innovations in Aviation Composites
- Composite Propeller Improves Performance and Reliability
- Shape Memory Alloy Minimizes Impact Damage
- High Pressure Turbine Shrouds
- Nanotechnology Makes Composites Electrically Conductive
- Core Material Improves Composite Safety Characteristics
- Repair Technique Improves Composite Aesthetics
- Carbon Nanotube Stitches Strengthen Aircraft Composites
- Surface-treated Graphene Toughens Composite Aircraft Parts
- Notable Industry Initiatives
- Quotes and Notes
- Manufacturing Composite Panels and Fuselage Barrels
- Composite Trailing Edge and Built-In De-icing System
- Industry Contacts