Sofia metropolitan area comprises Sofia city, Sofia district and Pernik district. Sofia is the capital and the largest city in Bulgaria. Also, it is the economical, political, administrative, cultural and educational center. The tertiary sector contributed the most to the area’s GVA in 2016, accounting for 82.5% share.
“City Profile - Sofia” provides historical and forecast data on key city level metrics along with analytical coverage of the latest political, economic, social, technological, infrastructural, legal and environmental issues affecting Sofia city. The report contains detailed tourism, retail, construction, technology and public infrastructure data and insight into economic, social, and industry trends.
- The service sector remains the key contributor to the area’s economy - and the major employer.
- Sofia is a key tourist destination for both domestic and international tourists in Bulgaria. Strong performance is observed in the retail, construction and real-estate sector with increasing employment, number of building permits issued and building completions.
Reasons to Buy
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge of future economic and demographic trends and understand the performance of various sectors within the city.
- Analyze and understand the business environment in the city to align your investment and expansion strategies.
- The report helps to drive a conclusion in choosing a suitable city to invest or expand according to your business structure.
- Explore new opportunities in the hospitality, tourism, construction, real estate and retail sectors.
Technology and Infrastructure
Internal Transport Networks
Business Environment Analysis
Travel and Tourism
Construction and Real Estate
Real Estate Market
Consumption, Income and Prices
List of Tables
Table 1: Sofia metropolitan area - key facts (estimates), 2016
Table 2: Sofia metropolitan area - real GDP and real GDP growth, 2000-25
Table 3: Sofia metropolitan area - economic growth (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
Table 4: Sofia metropolitan area - GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25 (US$)
Table 5: Sofia metropolitan area - employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total)
Table 6: Sofia metropolitan area - main universities, 2016
Table 7: Sofia metropolitan area - population comparison, 2000-25 (million)
Table 8: Sofia metropolitan area - population by age, 2000-25 (% of total)
Table 9: Sofia - mass transit network indicators, 2015
Table 10: Belgrade metropolitan region - passengers and flights movements at airport, 2008-2016
Table 11: Belgrade - office rents, Q4 2016
Table 12: Sofia - tourism indicators
Table 13: Sofia - hotel establishment performance
Table 14: Sofia- UNESCO World Heritage Sites
Table 15: Sofia - MICE and other events
List of Figures
Figure 1: Sofia metropolitan area - real GDP and real GDP growth, 2000-25
Figure 2: Sofia metropolitan area - economic growth (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
Figure 3: Sofia metropolitan area - GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25
Figure 4: Sofia metropolitan area - employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total)
Figure 5: Sofia metropolitan area - population comparison, 2000-25
Figure 6: Sofia metropolitan area - population by age, 2000-25 (% of total)