Ankara is the capital city and Turkey’s second largest city, in terms of both economic contribution and population, after Istanbul. Ankara metropolitan area is an excellent business and investment location, contributing 9% to the Turkey’s total national GDP. The tertiary sector contributed the most to the area’s GVA in 2016, accounting for 73.4% share.
“City Profile - Ankara” provides historical and forecast data on key city level metrics along with analytical coverage of the latest political, economic, social, technological, infrastructural, legal and environmental issues affecting Ankara. The report contains detailed tourism, retail, construction, technology and public infrastructure data and insight into economic, social, and industry trends.
- The service sector remains the key contributor to the area’s economy - and the major employer.
- Ankara is a key tourist destination for both domestic and international tourists in Turkey. Strong performance is observed in the construction sector with increasing employment, number of building completions.
Reasons to Buy
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge of future economic and demographic trends and understand the performance of various sectors within the city.
- Analyze and understand the business environment in the city to align your investment and expansion strategies.
- The report helps to drive a conclusion in choosing a suitable city to invest or expand according to your business structure.
- Explore new opportunities in the hospitality, tourism, construction, real estate and retail sectors.
Technology and Infrastructure
Internal Transport Networks
Business Environment Analysis
Travel and Tourism
Construction and Real Estate
Real Estate Market
Consumption, Income and Prices
List of Tables
Table 1: Ankara metropolitan area - key facts (estimates), 2016
Table 2: Ankara metropolitan area - real GDP and real GDP growth, 2000-25
Table 3: Ankara metropolitan area - economic growth (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
Table 4: Ankara metropolitan area - GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25 (US$)
Table 5: Ankara metropolitan area - employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total)
Table 6: Ankara metropolitan area - main universities, 2016
Table 7: Ankara metropolitan area - population comparison, 2000-25 (million)
Table 8: Ankara metropolitan area - population by age, 2000-25 (% of total)
Table 9: Ankara - mass transit network indicators, 2015
Table 10: Ankara metropolitan area - key airport indicators
Table 11: Ankara - office rents, Q3 2016
Table 12: Ankara city - hotel indicators, 2012-2015
Table 13: Ankara - MICE and other events
List of Figures
Figure 1: Ankara metropolitan area - real GDP and real GDP growth, 2000-25
Figure 2: Ankara metropolitan area - economic growth (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
Figure 3: Ankara metropolitan area - GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25
Figure 4: Ankara metropolitan area - employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total)
Figure 5: Ankara metropolitan area - population comparison, 2000-25
Figure 6: Ankara metropolitan area - population by age, 2000-25 (% of total)