Barcelona is the second largest city in Spain after Madrid in terms of population and one of the fastest growing cities in the country. The city is a key contributor for the national economy with strong presence of tertiary and industry sectors. The region's economy is dominated by industries such as automotive, engineering, financial institutions, business services, banking services, wholesale and retail trade
“City Profile - Barcelona” provides historical and forecast data on key city level metrics along with analytical coverage of the latest political, economic, social, technological, infrastructural, legal and environmental issues affecting Barcelona. The report contains detailed tourism, retail, construction, technology and public infrastructure data and insight into economic, social, and industry trends.
- The service and industry sectors remain the key contributors to the regional economy and the major employers.
- Barcelona is one of the key tourist destinations of Europe, for both domestic and international tourists. The tourism and hospitality sectors experienced healthy growth in 2016.
Reasons to Buy
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge of future economic and demographic trends and understand the performance of various sectors within the city.
- Analyze and understand the business environment in the city to align your investment and expansion strategies.
- The report helps to drive a conclusion in choosing a suitable city to invest or expand according to your business structure.
- Explore new opportunities in the hospitality, tourism, construction, real estate and retail sectors.
Technology and Infrastructure
Internal Transport Networks
Business Environment Analysis
Travel and Tourism
Construction and Real Estate
Real Estate Market
Consumption, Income and Prices
List of Tables
Table 1: Barcelona metropolitan area- key facts, (estimates) 2016
Table 2: Barcelona metropolitan area- real GDP and real GDP growth, 2000-25
Table 3: Barcelona metropolitan area- economic growth (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
Table 4: Barcelona metropolitan area- GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25 (US$)
Table 5: Barcelona metropolitan area- employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total)
Table 6: Barcelona metropolitan area- main universities, 2016
Table 7: Barcelona metropolitan area- population comparison, 2000-25 (million)
Table 8: Barcelona metropolitan area- population by age, 2000-25 (% of total)
Table 9: Barcelona metropolitan area- mass transit network indicators, H1 2016
Table 10: Barcelona metropolitan area- key airport indicators, 2016
Table 11: Barcelona metropolitan area- passengers and flights movements at airport, 2014-2016
Table 12: Barcelona city- Global 500 companies with main HQ in the city, 2016
Table 13: Barcelona city- office rents, Q3 2016
Table 14: Barcelona city - proportion of total overnight guests arrivals by country, 2014-15
Table 15: Barcelona city- UNESCO world heritage sites, 2016
Table 16: Barcelona metropolitan area- MICE and other events 2017
List of Figures
Figure 1: Barcelona metropolitan area- real GDP and real GDP growth, 2000-25
Figure 2: Barcelona metropolitan area- economic growth (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
Figure 3: Barcelona metropolitan area- GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25
Figure 4: Barcelona metropolitan area- employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total)
Figure 5: Barcelona metropolitan area- population comparison, 2000-25
Figure 6: Barcelona metropolitan area- population by age, 2000-25 (% of total)