Riyadh city or Riyadh metropolitan area is the capital of Saudi Arabia and is the second-largest city after Mecca, in terms of population. To curb the government expenditure, multiple investment opportunities are made available for the private sector as well as foreign companies. Riyadh metropolitan area’s accounts for 20% of the nation’s population and 27% of the national economy. The industry sector contributed the most to the area’s GVA in 2016, accounting for 57.5% share, followed by tertiary sector (40.7%) and primary sector (1.8%).
“City Profile - Riyadh” provides historical and forecast data on key city level metrics along with analytical coverage of the latest political, economic, social, technological, infrastructural, legal and environmental issues affecting Riyadh city. The report contains detailed tourism, retail, construction, technology and public infrastructure data and insight into economic, social, and industry trends.
- The service sector remains the key contributor to the area’s economy - and the major employer.
- Riyadh is a key tourist destination for international tourists and experienced healthy growth. Strong performance is observed in the real-estate and construction sector with increasing employment, number of licences for building construction issued.
Reasons to Buy
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge of future economic and demographic trends and understand the performance of various sectors within the city.
- Analyze and understand the business environment in the city to align your investment and expansion strategies.
- The report helps to drive a conclusion in choosing a suitable city to invest or expand according to your business structure.
- Explore new opportunities in the hospitality, tourism, construction, real estate and retail sectors.
Technology and Infrastructure
Internal Transport Networks
Business Environment Analysis
Travel and Tourism
Construction and Real Estate
Real Estate Market
Consumption, Income and Prices
List of Tables
Table 1: Riyadh metropolitan area- key facts, (estimates) 2016
Table 2: Riyadh metropolitan area - real GDP and real GDP growth, 2000-25
Table 3: Riyadh metropolitan area - economic growth (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
Table 4: Riyadh metropolitan area - GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25 (US$)
Table 5: Riyadh metropolitan area - employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total)
Table 6: Riyadh metropolitan area - main universities, 2016
Table 7: Riyadh metropolitan area - population comparison, 2000-25 (million)
Table 8: Riyadh metropolitan area - population by age, 2000-25 (% of total)
Table 9: Riyadh - King Khaled International Airport - key airport indicators, 2014-2016
Table 10: Riyadh- office rents, Q4 2016
Table 11: Riyadh- Fortune Global 500 Companies, 2016
Table 12: Riyadh - top five international arrivals by country of residence, 2015
Table 13: Riyadh - top five international cities in terms of spending, 2015
Table 14: Riyadh - international overnight visitors
Table 15: Riyadh - hotel indicators 2013-16
Table 16: Riyadh - UNESCO World Heritage Sites
Table 17: Riyadh - MICE and other evenst, 2017-18
List of Figures
Figure 1: Riyadh metropolitan area - real GDP and real GDP growth, 2000-25
Figure 2: Riyadh metropolitan area - economic growth (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
Figure 3: Riyadh metropolitan area - GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25
Figure 4: Riyadh metropolitan area - employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total)
Figure 5: Riyadh metropolitan area - population comparison, 2000-25
Figure 6: Riyadh metropolitan area - population by age, 2000-25 (% of total)