Bangalore is one of the fastest growing cities in India and a key contributor for the national economy. The city is India’s hub for the software and technology industry, is home to a number of national and international companies. The region's economy is dominated by the services industries such as software development, financial institutions, consulting, business services, banking services, wholesale and retail trade, and telecommunications.
“City Profile - Bangalore” provides historical and forecast data on key city level metrics along with analytical coverage of the latest political, economic, social, technological, infrastructural, legal and environmental issues affecting Bangalore. The report contains detailed tourism, retail, construction, technology and public infrastructure data and insight into economic, social, and industry trends.
- The service and industry sectors remain the key contributors to the regional economy - and the major employers.
- Bangalore is a key tourist destination for both domestic and international tourists. Specially driven by business tourists, the sector experienced healthy growth. Strong performance is observed in the tourism sector, hospitality sector and construction sector.
Reasons to Buy
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge of future economic and demographic trends and understand the performance of various sectors within the city.
- Analyze and understand the business environment in the city to align your investment and expansion strategies.
- The report helps to drive a conclusion in choosing a suitable city to invest or expand according to your business structure.
- Explore new opportunities in the hospitality, tourism, construction, real estate and retail sectors.
Technology and Infrastructure
Internal Transport Networks
Business Environment Analysis
Travel and Tourism
Construction and Real Estate
Real Estate Market
Consumption, Income and Prices
List of Tables
Table 1: Bangalore metropolitan region - key facts (estimates), 2016
Table 2: Bangalore metropolitan region - real GDP growth, 2000-2025
Table 3: Bangalore metropolitan region - economic growth (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
Table 4: Bangalore metropolitan region - GDP per capita comparison (2000-2025) (US$)
Table 5: Bangalore metropolitan region - employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total)
Table 6: Bangalore metropolitan region - population comparison, 2000-25 (million)
Table 7: Bangalore metropolitan region - population by age, 2000-25 (% of total)
Table 8: Bangalore metropolitan region - mass transit network indicators, 2016
Table 9: : Bangalore metropolitan region - key airport indicators, 2016
Table 10: Passenger movements at John F Kennedy International Airport, 2011-2015
Table 11: Bangalore - office rents, Q1 2016
Table 12: Bangalore- country wise tourist arrival through Bangalore airport, 2014
Table 13: Bangalore - MICE* and other events, 2017
List of Figures
Figure 1: Bangalore metropolitan region - real GDP and real GDP growth, 2000-2025
Figure 2: Bangalore metropolitan region - economic growth (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
Figure 3: Bangalore metropolitan region - GDP per capita comparison (2000-2025)
Figure 4: Bangalore metropolitan region - employment structure (2000-2025) (% of total)
Figure 5: Bangalore metropolitan region - population by comparison, 2000-25
Figure 6: Bangalore metropolitan region - population by age, 2000-25 (% of total)