"The adoption of ecommerce services in India is comparable with that in western countries; operators have an opportunity to make their mobile wallets more attractive by providing ecommerce features."
This report analyses real-world smartphone usage data to answer urgent questions about the status of ecommerce services in India. The report looks at consumer engagement with various mobile commerce apps, and reports on determinants of success for commerce apps.
This report and associated data annex provide:
- insights into real-world usage of ecommerce services including penetration, time spent on apps and frequency of engagement in India
- quantification of the level of penetration and engagement of selected ecommerce apps for the Indian market
- demographic analysis of ecommerce usage and behaviour on smartphones in this country
- a discussion of the key success factors for ecommerce apps in India.
Survey data coverage:
The analysis is based on data provided by Verto Analytics, collected through a passive on-device monitoring app 'Smart Panel'. The app runs in the background of the device. It registers actions undertaken by the user and relevant activity on the device, namely:
- app download and usage
- system processes
- data traffic by each app/process
- voice traffic
- web browser activity.