The ANZ WAF market registered a YoY growth rate of 26.8% on a YoY basis in 2016, as demand for WAF solutions spiked following the rise in sophisticated attacks on websites and web assets of enterprises across the region. The market is also driven by the growing adoption of
cloud-based WAF services among ANZ enterprises, many of which are looking to tap on the security expertise offered by service providers, as well as the cost savings associated with the cloud-based security model. Across the verticals, the BFSI and e-Commerce sectors remain the key adopters of WAF technology, although both the government and service provider sectors continue to invest actively in WAF due to their growing presence in the cyberspace.
In addition to the market growth analysis, the study highlights the key driving forces for the WAF market. Key drivers include the increasing number of organizations shifting toward the Web front and the rising Internet penetration rate; the evolved threat landscape that results in greater concerns over data breaches; stricter requirements for industry compliances, and local regulations that drive organizations to invest more in measures for data protection and to avoid potential liability issues; and increasing migration from web application into the cloud observed from organizations.
The market trends are analyzed for a study period of 2015 to 2021, with the base year being 2016. WAF solution is the key focus area in this study. The vertical segmentation in this study includes the government, banking, financial services and Insurance (BFSI), service provider,
e-Commerce retail, manufacturing, education, and other sectors.
Companies mentioned in the WAF market's competitive landscape include Akamai, Alibaba Cloud, Barracuda Networks, Citrix Systems, DBApp Security, F5 Networks, Fortinet, Fujitsu, Imperva, JP Secure, KEMP Technology, MonitorApp, NEC, NSFOCUS, Penta Security Systems, Piolink, Qualys, Sangfor, Secure Sky Technologies, Trinity Soft, Venustech Zenedge, and other small vendors. The countries included in this study are Australia and New Zealand.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer:
- Is the WAF market growing? How long will it continue to grow, and at what rate?
- Are the existing competitors structured correctly to meet customer needs?
- Will WAF continue to exist, or will other solutions and services take its place?
- How will the structure of the market change with time?
- Will the services replace the product markets?
- What are the most common Web application security threats in ANZ?
- Are the vendors in the market ready to go it alone, or do they need partnerships to take their business to the next level?
- Market Overview-Definitions
- Market Overview-Research Methodology
- Market Overview-Customer Segmentation
- Market Overview-Geographical Coverage
- Market Overview-Key Questions this Study will Answer
- ANZ Market Breakdown
- WAF Solutions Market-Revenue Forecast
- On-premise WAF Solutions Segment-Revenue Forecast
- Cloud-based WAF Solutions Segment-Revenue Forecast
- ANZ Revenue Forecast Discussion
- Demand Analysis by Country
- Overall-Competitive Analysis
- Transformation in WAF Industry Ecosystem
- Growth Opportunity 1-DevOps Security Control
- Growth Opportunity 2-Threat Intelligence
- Growth Opportunity 3-Automotive Cyber Security
- Growth Opportunity 4-Technology Partnerships with Security Policy Management Solutions
- Growth Opportunity 5-Cyber Security Training
- 5 Major Growth Opportunities
- Strategic Imperatives for Success and Growth
- Definition of Categories
- Country/Region Code Legend for Security Operation Centers and Scrubbing Centers
- F5 Networks
- Citrix Systems
- The Last Word-3 Big Predictions
- Legal Disclaimer
- Market Engineering Methodology
- Alibaba Cloud
- Barracuda Networks
- Citrix Systems
- DBApp Security
- F5 Networks
- JP Secure
- KEMP Technology
- Penta Security Systems
- Secure Sky Technologies
- Trinity Soft
- Venustech Zenedge