"Cigarettes in UAE, 2017", is an analytical report that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the market. The report offers Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis, and our in-house expertise.
Based on the duty-paid market, per capita levels stood at 759 pieces per year in 2016 and have fared somewhat worse as a result of the UAE’s rapidly expanding population. Current consumption levels are only 66.5% of those in 1990 and have been in decline. It is estimated that in 2016 some 27.0% of adult males, but only 3.0% of adult females, are smokers. Smoking is more prevalent among expatriates in the UAE than among nationals, whilst tourism is also a factor.
- Legitimate market volumes stood at 4.5 billion pieces in 2016, which 115.4% above 1990 levels, with overall market volume, including contraband, standing at 6.4 billion pieces in 2016.
- Local production has until recently been expanding, although the focus of local manufacturers is on exports and the duty free markets is the leader with an estimated 27.5% of the duty paid market in 2016. BAT is second, followed by KG&T, Imperial Tobacco, and JTI.
- The UAE is a significant import-export destination, with export trade reported to have reached 57 billion pieces in 2015. Exports, based on imports, are equally high and are estimated at 22.1 billion pieces in 2015.
Reasons to buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
2. Market Size
3. Market Structure
4. Manufacturers & Brands
5. Taxation & Retail
5.2. Retail Prices
6. The Smoking Population
7. Production & Trade
8. Operating constraints
8.1. Advertising Restrictions
8.2. Health Warnings/Labeling Requirements
8.3. Other Restrictions
9. Prospects & Forecasts
10.1. What is this Report About?
10.2. Time Frame
10.3. Product Category Coverage
List of Tables
Table 1: Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2016
Table 2: Legal v Contraband Cigarette Sales, 2004-2015, Million Pieces
Table 3: Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2016
Table 4: Manufacturer Sales & Market Share, 2002-2016, Million Pieces
Table 5: Manufacturer Sales & Market Share, 2002-2016, %
Table 6: Smoking Population, 1990-2016
Table 7: Dubai: Smoking Incidence by Age & Gender, 2009, %
Table 8: Dubai: Smoking Incidence by Ethnicity & Gender, 2009
Table 9: Cigarette Production, 2007-2012
Table 10: Cigarette Imports by Country of Origin, 2005 & 2007-2011, Million Pieces
Table 11: Cigarette Imports by Country of Origin, 2005 & 2007-2011, %
Table 12: Import Volumes, 2001-2015
Table 13: Cigarette Imports to UAE by Country, 2002-2015, Million Pieces
Table 14: Cigarette Exports by Country of Destination, 2005 & 2007-2011, Million Pieces
Table 15: Cigarette Exports by Country of Destination, 2005 & 2007-2011, %
Table 16: Exports from UAE by Receiving Country, 2003-2015, Million Pieces
Table 17: Consumption Forecasts, 2016-2026
List of Figures
Figure 1: Methodology
- Philip Morris International (PMI)
- British American Tobacco (BAT)
- Imperial Tobacco (IT)
- Japan Tobacco Inc. (JTI)
- KT&G and Von Eicken
- Kaane American International Tobacco Company
- Taj Company
- Oriental General Trading Inc
- Union Tobacco