"Cigarettes in Madagascar, 2017", is an analytical report that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the market. The report offers Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis, and our in-house expertise.
Madagascar is a small but growing market for cigarettes with low personal disposable incomes remaining the major barrier to growth. Cigarette sales have been expanding to reach an estimated 3.8 billion pieces in 2016, 92.5% ahead of 1990 levels. However, when set against the country's fast growing population, per capita consumption levels have fallen to 155 pieces in 2016, 8.8% below their level in 1990. Cigarette volumes are expected to increase year-on-year to 5.57 billion pieces billion pieces in 2026 with stronger economic growth a major driver.
- Cigarettes sales of 3.80 billion pieces are forecast for 2016, which is 92.5% above 1900 levels.
- Per capita consumption amounted to 155 pieces forecast for 2016, which is 8.8% below 1900 levels.
- The market is dominated by one company, SACIMEM (Société des Cigarettes Mélia de Madagascar) which is a subsidiary of Imperial Tobacco. SACIMEM accounted for an estimated 91.0% of sales in 2016 compared with 8.5% for its nearest rival, Focus Madagascar.
- Cigarette volumes are expected to increase year-on-year to 5.57 billion pieces billion pieces in 2026 with stronger economic growth a major driver.
- Per capita sales are expected to rise to 181 pieces in 2026, 16.2% up on 2016 levels.
Reasons to buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
2. Market Size
3. Market Structure
4. Manufacturers & Brands
5. Taxation & Retail Prices
5.2. Retail Prices
6. The Smoking Population
7. Production & Trade
8. Operating constraints
8.1. Advertising Restrictions
8.2. Health Warnings/ Packaging Restrictions
8.3. Government Restrictions
9. Company Profiles
10. Prospects & Forecasts
11.1. What is this Report About?
11.2. Time Frame
11.3. Product Category Coverage
List of Tables
Table 1: Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2016
Table 2: Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2016
Table 3: Market Segmentation, Filter v Plain Cigarettes, 2000-2015, Million Pieces
Table 4: Market Segmentation, Filter v Plain Cigarettes, 2000-2015, %
Table 5: Manufacturer Sales, 2000-2016, Million Pieces
Table 6: Manufacturer Market Shares, 2000-2016, %
Table 7: Cigarette Prices, 2008 & 2010, MGA/Pack
Table 8: Cigarette Prices, 2012-2014, MGA/Pack
Table 9: Smoking Population, 1990-2016
Table 10: Tobacco Use by Gender, 2008-2009, %
Table 11: Cigarette Smoking by Age, 2008-2009, %
Table 12: Cigarette Production, 1990-2015
Table 13: Cigarette Imports, 1990-2015
Table 14: Imports by Country of Origin, 2005-2015, Million Pieces
Table 15: Imports by Country of Origin, 2000-2015, %
Table 16: Cigarette Exports, 1990-2015
Table 17: Exports by Country of Destination, 2011-2015, Million Pieces
Table 17: Exports by Country of Destination, 2011-2015, %
Table 18: SACIMEM (Société des Cigarettes Mélia de Madagascar) SA
Table 19: Focus Madagascar
Table 20: Consumption Forecasts, 2016-2026
List of Figures
Figure 1: Methodology
- SACIMEM (Société des Cigarettes Mélia de Madagascar) SA
- Imperial Tobacco (IT)
- Focus Madagascar
- Groupe Sipromad
- Japan Tobacco Inc. (JTI)
- British American Tobacco (BAT)