This market brief explores the benefits and challenges in adopting Augmented Reality (AR) and wearable devices in enterprises, where business applications will drive growth over the next five years.
Augmented Reality (AR) bridges the gap in human-computer interaction and pushes forward into a new dynamic where the human works alongside the computer and both are interactive with the environment. Many (people) believe that AR technology will drive evolution / revolution in our mobile devices, smart phones and tablets. The use of AR in enterprise contexts should enable streamlined efficiency and reduce error rates. The communication and collaboration benefit alone would carry the technology but with the additional of intuitive documentation and access to knowledge systems the technology promises to deliver a strong return on investment.
2. What is Augmented Reality?
3. The applications of AR and wearable devices in enterprises
4. The AR and WT market landscape
5. Recent activity of major market players
6. The current state of the market
7. The future of the market -- forecasting scenarios
8. Future directions -- the move toward virtual reality