"Success Case Study: Jimmy's Iced Coffee", is part of the author's Successes and Failures research. It examines the details of and reasons behind Jimmy's positive performance in the UK. It delivers the critical "what?", "why?", and "so what?" analysis to teach you crucial lessons that increase your chances of launching successful products.
Beginning as a small start-up in a bedsit by a brother-and-sister team, Jimmy's exploited a gap in the market for iced coffee offerings in the UK similar to those sold elsewhere. The coffee is made with a small number of ingredients and aims at being less sweet than others in the UK market.
- Being authentic and relatable to the consumers has been instrumental in the success of Jimmy's.
- Social media savviness has enabled the brand to reach a large audience at a relatively small cost.
- Adapting to the preferences of the consumer for things like ethically sourced ingredients, and meeting the needs of distributors in terms of packaging, have also helped the company to expand its business.
Reasons to buy
- Use the author’s selection of successful and failed product launches and marketing campaigns from across the globe to inspire innovation.
- Reduce the risk of failure by learning from brands/products that have under-performed: failed innovation can severely impact profit and reputation.
- Understand the relevant consumer trends and attitudes that drive and support innovation success so you can tap into what is really impacting the industry.
- Gain a broader appreciation of the fast-moving consumer goods industry by gaining insights from both within and outside of your sector.
- Access valuable strategic take-outs to help direct future decision-making and inform new product development.