"Cigars and Cigarillos in Australia, 2017", is an analytical report that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the market. The report offers Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis, and our in-house expertise.
The Australian market has experienced mixed fortunes in recent years. Following initial growth in demand for cigars and cigarillos, the market is now suffering from a decline in sales. Since 2005, the market has been in decline due to the impact of rising levels of tax on retail prices, growing health awareness, and restrictions on smoking reducing levels of consumption. Value sales have performed somewhat better than volumes as they have benefited from yearly increases in excise duty, which have been passed on to the consumer as higher prices. Cigars/cigarillos accounted for just 0.6% of the market in 2016, equivalent of 97 tons.
- Machine-made cigars/cigarillos are by far the most popular product in the market, accounting for 97.3% of volume.
- Handmade cigars account for the remaining 2.7% of volume. This sector has also seen sales increase slightly in recent years, up at 1.1 million pieces in 2016. With no local production, all exports can be classed as re-exports; these stood at only 16 tons in 2015. New Zealand is by far the most important re-export destination.
- The long term future for cigars and cigarillos is disappointing with total volumes forecasted to drop to 26.9 million pieces by 2025, representing a 36.1% decline on 2015 levels.
Reasons to buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
02 Market context
03 Market size and structure
04 Production and trade
05 Taxation and retail prices
06 Manufacturers and brands
07 The smoking population
08 Operating constraints
10 Prospects and forecasts