Objectives of the Presentation:
- What can CBP do to me if I violate the law?
- How do I get out of trouble?
- Customs procedures and compliance
- U.S. Customs and Border Protection laws
- Does CBP provide compliance templates?
- What are the dangers and benefits of self-disclosing a violation?
- What areas of compliance are most likely to land me in trouble?
- What are the things that importers need to keep in mind to clear customs?
- What to do when you receive a Request of Information (Form 28) or Notice of Action (Form 29) from CBP
Why Should you Attend?
Your instructor, Attorney Ruth Rodriguez, has represented hundreds of companies and individuals in enforcement cases before CBP in over two decades of legal practice. Her success record is unequaled as are her skills in helping prevent individuals and companies avoid problems with CBP. You will also learn the tried and true techniques of what to do if you find yourself in trouble with CBP. As customs procedures are mystifying and frightening with all their alien jargon procedures, this webinar will cut through the intimidating procedures and offer simple compliance lessons.
Co-founder and Attorney ,
Gonzalez Rolon Valdespino & Rodriguez
Ms. Rodriguez is one of the nation's leading international trade attorneys. Companies from around the world seek her services when they find themselves in trouble (or want to stay out of trouble) with federal agencies. She received her Juris Doctor Degree from the University of Michigan Law School, her Master's Degree in Public Administration from Syracuse University, and her Bachelors of Arts Degree from The University of Texas at Austin. Ms. Rodriguez has been practicing all aspects of business and international trade law for almost twenty-five years. She is the Lead Instructor for The Best Customs Broker Course and has passed the Customs Broker License Examination herself.
- Anyone in trouble with U.S. Customs and Border Protection
- Import/Export Compliance
- VP's/ Directors/ Managers/Officers/Audit Officers
- Global Trade Solutions/IT Professionals
- Finance Professionals
- Purchasing/Procurement Managers
- Risk Management Professionals
- Director, CEO, CFO, COO, VP & C-level Professionals
- Supply Chain Manager
- Import Export Supervisor
- Shipping and Logistics Personnel
- Trade Consultants/Advisors
- Foreign Trade Agency Professionals
- Sales/Business Development Professionals