Ophthotech Corp (Ophthotech) is a biopharmaceutical company that offers novel therapeutics to treat diseases of the back of the eye for age-related macular degeneration. The company’s products include Fovista, an anti-platelet-derived growth factor (PDGF); Zimura, an anti-complemente is a central component of the complement cascade that is supposed to be used in the development of AMD. Ophthotech utilizes aptamer technology, a single strands of nucleic acid to targets such as PDGF, comparable to a monoclonal antibody. The company’s Fovista is used to inhibit abnormal new blood vessel growth associated with wet AMD. It operates in New York and Princeton, the US. Ophthotech is headquartered in New York, the US.
Ophthotech Corp Key Recent Developments
Feb 27, 2018: Ophthotech Targets Gene Therapy to Expand its Orphan and Age-Related Retinal Disease Strategy
Feb 27, 2018: Ophthotech Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2017 Financial and Operating Results
Jan 16, 2018: Ophthotech Announces Election of Jane Pritchett Henderson to Its Board of Directors
Nov 08, 2017: Ophthotech Reports Third Quarter 2017 Financial and Operating Results
Jul 26, 2017: Ophthotech Q2 net loss decreases
This comprehensive SWOT profile of Ophthotech Corp provides you an in-depth strategic analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
This company report forms part of the author’s ‘Profile on Demand’ service, covering over 50,000 of the world’s leading companies. Once purchased, the author’s highly qualified team of company analysts will comprehensively research and author a full financial and strategic analysis of Ophthotech Corp including a detailed SWOT analysis, and deliver this direct to you in pdf format within two business days. (excluding weekends).
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description - A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy - Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis - A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history - Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services - A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors - A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees - A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies - A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads - A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries - A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Key manufacturing facilities - A list of key manufacturing facilities of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years - The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods - The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
- Ophthotech Corp - Key Information
- Ophthotech Corp - Overview
- Ophthotech Corp - Key Employees
- Ophthotech Corp - Key Employee Biographies
- Ophthotech Corp - Key Operational Heads
- Ophthotech Corp - Major Products and Services
- Ophthotech Corp - History
- Ophthotech Corp - Company Statement
- Ophthotech Corp - Locations And Subsidiaries
- Ophthotech Corp - Key Manufacturing facilities
- Head Office
- Other Locations & Subsidiaries
- Ophthotech Corp - Business Description
- Ophthotech Corp - Corporate Strategy
- Ophthotech Corp - SWOT Analysis
- SWOT Analysis - Overview
- Ophthotech Corp - Strengths
- Ophthotech Corp - Weaknesses
- Ophthotech Corp - Opportunities
- Ophthotech Corp - Threats
- Ophthotech Corp - Key Competitors
- Ophthotech Corp - Financial Ratios
- Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios
- Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios
- Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios
- Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts
- Ratio Definitions
List of Tables
- Ophthotech Corp, Key Information
- Ophthotech Corp, Key Ratios
- Ophthotech Corp, Share Data
- Ophthotech Corp, Major Products and Services
- Ophthotech Corp, History
- Ophthotech Corp, Key Employees
- Ophthotech Corp, Key Employee Biographies
- Ophthotech Corp, Key Operational Heads
- Ophthotech Corp, Other Locations
- Ophthotech Corp, Subsidiaries
- Ophthotech Corp, Key Manufacturing facilities
- Ophthotech Corp, Key Competitors
- Ophthotech Corp, SWOT Analysis
- Ophthotech Corp, Ratios based on current share price
- Ophthotech Corp, Annual Ratios
- Ophthotech Corp, Interim Ratios
- Currency Codes
- Capital Market Ratios
- Equity Ratios
- Profitability Ratios
- Cost Ratios
- Liquidity Ratios
- Leverage Ratios
- Efficiency Ratios
- Ophthotech Corp, Performance Chart
- Ophthotech Corp, Ratio Charts