About the Course
This new e-learning course on the European Union's General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) aims to help key decision makers accountable for data protection understand the complex rules set out under the EU's new data protection legal framework.
This e-Learning course on the General Data Protection Regulation aims to explain the similarities with the current UK Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA). It describes some of the new and different features and requirements for data protection.
The course has been written for those who have day-to-day responsibility for data protection, such as board-level directors and data protection officers. Plus senior managers and members of staff who want to know more about how data protection works in their organisation.
In addition, the course is based upon the 12-step approach to compliance set out by the UK's data protection regulator.
General Data Protection Regulation
By completing the GDPR course you will get a better understanding of:
- the new rules set out in the EU General Data Protection Regulation;
- the governance, compliance and risk environment around data protection;
- available due diligence tools, risk management methods and other practical solutions;
- industry standards and good practice;
- working smarter - not harder, and
- how to build a better organisation based on trust and confidence.
In addition, it will also give you access to other top resources, including
- GDPR Risk Register
- GDPR - The Corporate Response presentation materials
- 12-Step method to compliance
- Check lists
1. Introduction to the General Data Protection Regulation
2. GDPR and the Data Protection Principles
3. GDPR Key Considerations
4. GDPR and a person's individual rights
5. GDPR Accountability and Governance
6. GDPR and Breach Notifications
7. GDPR and international personal data transfers
8. GDPR national derogations
9. Cyber Security and the GDPR