Torstar Corp (Torstar) is a media company that offers daily and community newspapers, book publishing and digital business solutions. The company offers media and book publishing programs. It publishes newspapers, and operates digital businesses in Canada through its media segment. Torstar operates Media segment through Star Media Group and other media group. The company's media group publishes community newspapers in print and online, and several daily newspapers. It has its operations in Canada, the US and other countries. Torstar is headquartered in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
Torstar Corp Key Recent Developments
Jun 26, 2017: Torstar to lay off 30 employees as it shutters Star Touch app
Mar 03, 2017: John Boynton named President and Chief Executive Officer of Torstar
Jul 06, 2016: Torstar CEO David Holland to retire this fall
This comprehensive SWOT profile of Torstar Corp provides you an in-depth strategic analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
This company report forms part of the author’s ‘Profile on Demand’ service, covering over 50,000 of the world’s leading companies. Once purchased, the author’s highly qualified team of company analysts will comprehensively research and author a full financial and strategic analysis of Torstar Corp including a detailed SWOT analysis, and deliver this direct to you in pdf format within two business days. (excluding weekends).
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description - A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy - Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis - A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history - Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services - A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors - A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees - A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies - A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads - A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries - A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years - The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods - The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
- Torstar Corp - Key Information
- Torstar Corp - Overview
- Torstar Corp - Key Employees
- Torstar Corp - Key Employee Biographies
- Torstar Corp - Key Operational Heads
- Torstar Corp - Major Products and Services
- Torstar Corp - History
- Torstar Corp - Company Statement
- Torstar Corp - Locations And Subsidiaries
- Head Office
- Other Locations & Subsidiaries
- Torstar Corp - Business Description
- Torstar Corp - Corporate Strategy
- Torstar Corp - SWOT Analysis
- SWOT Analysis - Overview
- Torstar Corp - Strengths
- Torstar Corp - Weaknesses
- Torstar Corp - Opportunities
- Torstar Corp - Threats
- Torstar Corp - Key Competitors
- Torstar Corp - Financial Ratios
- Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios
- Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios
- Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios
- Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts
- Ratio Definitions
List of Tables
- Torstar Corp, Key Information
- Torstar Corp, Key Ratios
- Torstar Corp, Share Data
- Torstar Corp, Major Products and Services
- Torstar Corp, History
- Torstar Corp, Key Employees
- Torstar Corp, Key Employee Biographies
- Torstar Corp, Key Operational Heads
- Torstar Corp, Other Locations
- Torstar Corp, Subsidiaries
- Torstar Corp, Key Competitors
- Torstar Corp, SWOT Analysis
- Torstar Corp, Ratios based on current share price
- Torstar Corp, Annual Ratios
- Torstar Corp, Interim Ratios
- Currency Codes
- Capital Market Ratios
- Equity Ratios
- Profitability Ratios
- Cost Ratios
- Liquidity Ratios
- Leverage Ratios
- Efficiency Ratios
- Torstar Corp, Performance Chart
- Torstar Corp, Ratio Charts