Also, the presenter will discuss how US export controls can affect any company on their own, whether based in the United States or foreign regions when dealing with US-origin products or services. Lastly, the presenter will explain the US government vigorously enforces laws and regulations, which are critical to the exporter to get a better understanding their obligations within the Customs' imposed exporting compliances.
Objectives of the Presentation:
- Determining which Government Agencies hold jurisdiction over the exporting documentation
- Determining whether a license is required for specific exporting transactions
- What are the Export Administration Regulation (EAR) categories?
- What are the Record-Keeping Requirements?
- What is the purpose of the Export Administration Act?
- Determining the exporter's obligations under the EAR
Why Should you Attend?
Attend the webinar to learn & understand the Current U.S. Export Controls, Compliance Challenges, and Strategies to Identify and Prevent Export Violations.
- A general overview of US export controls (the EAR and ITAR)
- Overview of the Export Administration Regulations
- Overview of the International Traffic in Arms Regulations
- Export compliance challenges such as exports of technology
- Hypotheses demonstrating different compliance issues
- Compliance best practices
Export Administration Regulations and ITAR Compliance
Rossano V. Gerald,
Academic Professor ,
Dr. Gerald is an Academic Professor and Founder of RVG International Consulting Firm, LLC. He has over twenty five years of business experience in, strategic management, marketing analysis, and supply chain management. Dr. Gerald worked with small and medium-sized businesses to help improve their business logistic processes through verification of operational and supply chain programs. Also, he had developed management and marketing strategies that were used to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of his client business operations in this global economy.
He earned a Doctor of Business Administration in International Business and Advanced Professional Business Certification in Marketing from Argosy University/Sarasota; He also holds a Master of Science of Law (J.S.M.) degree and certificate in Compliance & Risk Management from Thomas Jefferson School of Law in International Tax and Finance Services and enrolled in the University of Phoenix/Project Management-MBA degree program.
Dr. Gerald is also a member of the Free Trade Alliance, San Antonio Transportation Association, Inc., San Antonio SCORE, TX, Supply Chain Council and Institute of Business Forecasting & Planning, and CATO Institute of Research & Analysis and Academy of Business Research. He is a Certified Supply Chain Manager, and Inventory Planner and Property Forecaster, Certified Consultant for Business Value Analysis and Methodology, Certified Export Leaders of the Free Trade Alliance and Casa of San Antonio, TX; Certified Master Management Consultant and Master Project Manager; and Certified Marketing Analyst and Registered Business Analyst by the International Management Consultant Certification Board (IMCB).
Certified CCA Chartered Compliance Analyst AAFM American Academy of Financial Management/ Certified International Project Manager (CIPM) of the AAPM American Academy of Project Management. A member of the Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals; and an Advisor for the Mu Kappa Tau Marketing of the Honor Society. He has published scholarly papers for the Journal of International Business and Economics and the Strategic Management Quarterly.
- Director, CEO, CFO, COO, VP & C-level Professionals
- Supply Chain Manager
- General Counsels and other senior lawyers
- Procurement/Purchase Manager
- Customs Regulatory Manager
- Customs Compliance Manager
- Operations Professionals
- Regulatory Compliance Professionals
- Custom Compliance Personnel
- Risk Manager
- Customs/Logistics Supervisor
- Trade Compliance Manager
- Quality / Process Control Engineer
- Global Compliance Manager
- Sales/Marketing Professionals
- Import Export Supervisor
- Personnel involved in import-export from/to North America
- Shipping and Logistics Personnel
- Trade Consultants/Advisors
- Chambers of Commerce Professionals
- Foreign Trade Agency Professionals
- Business Development Professionals