Objectives of the Presentation
You will learn how to ensure that product costs reflect the true cost of production, determine transfer pricing, ling target costing with product development, allocate conversion costs on how they are really driven, and identify the hidden profit potential in your current conversion processes.
This program will address tough issues such as:
- Using Variance Analysis as a Profit Enhancement Tool
- Converting Cost Accounting into a Strategic Process
- Managing Transfer Pricing Issues
- Strategic Manufacturing Standards Development
- Linking Target Costing with New Product Development
- Measuring Customer Profitability
- How to integrate ABC/M concepts into a GAAP-based cost management system
- Applying the Elements of the Cost Management Process into the Sales and Marketing management process
You will take a step-by-step walk through typical cost accounting procedures. You will solve realistic cost-process problems that can be immediately applied to your unique environment, comparing job-costing and process-costing procedures, determining how to apply direct costing techniques and developing a master plan that coordinates accounting and budgeting.
- The International Business Environment
- Activity-Based Costing as an Effective Cost Accounting Tool
- Developing Standards as a Tool for Inventory Valuation and Strategic Decision Support
- Variance Analysis as a Process Improvement Tool: Analyzing the True Causes of
- Product Cost Variances
- The Overhead Distribution Challenge: How to Assign Joint and Common Costs
- Assigning Service Department Costs to Determine Total Product Cost
Today's New Business Environment
This section provides an overview of the strategic, tactical, and operational aspects of today's global business entity. During this session, participants develop their specific learning objectives for the program, and gain an understanding of the benefits and limitations of cost analysis. You will also gain an overview of the responsibility accounting environment, and how the need for cost information has grown far beyond the traditional inventory costing focus.
Mr Richard Balog,
Managing Partner ,
Balog + Tamburri, LLC
Richard T. Balog, CPA/CFF, CIA, CGFM, DACFE is the Managing Partner for the Certified Public Accounting Firm of Balog + Tamburri, LLC. He has been a CPA since 1972.
Mr. Balog is an internationally-recognized seminar leader in providing audit, accounting, finance and business management professional development for over 30 years. He has won awards from The Institute of Internal Auditors and is currently a "Top 50 Small Business Influencer" in the Jacksonville Area.
Mr. Balog was named Outstanding Staff Faculty Member for the IIA. He also served on the professional staff of the Committee of Sponsoring Organizations (COSO) where he helped develop the COSO Structured Framework. In addition, he was awarded the Distinguished Leadership Award for his extraordinary contribution to the audit profession. He served as Manager of Internal Audit for Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Maryland, and began his career with a national accounting firm.