Introduction (Adam Coutts and Varun Uberoi).
1. Options for Britain: Measuring and Managing Public Services Performance (Christopher Hood).
2. The Future of the State (Matthew Flinders).
3. Social Justice and Inequality in the UK: Eradicating Child Poverty? (Peter Kenway).
4. Social Mobility: Concepts, Measures and Policies (Jo Blanden).
5. The Tax System under Labour (Paul Johnson).
6. Regulation, Equality and the Public Interest (Shamit Saggar).
7. Gender Analysis of Transfer Policies: Unpicking the Household (Fran Bennett).
8. Options and the Lack of Options: Healthcare Politics and Policy (Scott L. Greer).
9. Entrepreneurship and Innovation Policy: Retrospect and Prospect (Alan Hughes).
10. Information Exchange between Government and Citizens (Helen Margetts).
11. Options for Britain: Europe (Patrick Diamond and Roger Liddle).
12. Global Poverty and Inequality: A Brief Retrospective and Prospective Analysis (Michael Woolcock).
Adam Coutts University of Oxford, UK.
David Halpern Senior Policy Advisor, Prime Minister's Strategy Unit, and University of Cambridge, UK.
Iain McLean University of Oxford, UK.