The percentage of women holding driving licenses in North America is greater than that of men. However, women are unhappy with the entire process of car buying. Hence, understanding women car purchase preferences is essential for OEMs to ensure that the process is amicable. With the growth of digital platforms and social networking sites, women car buyers are well informed about their choices. Catering to their needs is of utmost importance to all stakeholders in the automotive industry. Opportunities for OEMs and dealerships exist to partner with automotive tech start-ups to digitally transform the car purchase process, including digital financing. The findings from this study will allow product planning teams/OEMs to focus on the specific needs of women car buyers.
The aim of the study is to analyze the growing trend toward North American (US and Canada) women customers buying cars and the underlying factors considered in their purchase decisions.
Women car buyers' preferences across 3 categories (Design & Technology, Sales & Retail, and Vehicle Ownership) are covered in detail in this study.
- To understand the difference between women and men in their attitude to buying cars, sales, product, and ownership
- To study how OEMs are designing cars that suit women’s preferences and needs
- To study the features and attributes that women prefer in cars and overall satisfaction levels
- To compare any differences between countries and gender-specific buying patterns
- To understand how retail strategy differs for women and how to optimize the customer journey to target women
- Strategic findings and recommendations to OEMs and car dealerships
Key Questions this Study will Answer:
- Are women customers dissatisfied with their car? If so, what are the key reasons?
- What strategies are OEMs employing in this growing segment? What are the features and attributes that women consider as important when buying a vehicle?
- What kind of car do women customers prefer? Which features do they prefer in their cars?
- What is the profile for women customers in their current vehicle versus their future ideal vehicle? What are women customers' attitudes toward car purchasing decisions?
- Which financing options are available to women customers while leasing a car?
Gender-wise Vehicle Buying Preferences
Preferences among 3 Categories of Women Customers
Luxury versus Non-luxury Women Vehicle Buyers
Vehicle Feature Preferences among Women Buyers
Current and Future Outlook
2. Research Scope and Methodology
- Research Scope
- Research Aims and Objectives
- Key Questions This Study Will Answer
- Research Background
- Research Methodology
- Vehicle Segmentation
- Passenger Vehicle Driving Licences by Gender-Country Summary
- Women as Vehicle Buyers
- 3 Types of Women Customer Segments
- Women Vehicle Buyers’ Preferences across 3 Categories
- Design and Technology Needs of Women Customers-Key Findings
- Women Driver Segments-Differences in Preferences
- Features’ Optimization for Women Customers/Driver Segments
- Fuel/Engine Type for Women Customers’ Targeted Ideal Vehicle
- Top 10 Vehicle Attribute Feature Preferences of Women Customers
- Technology Adoption Level of Women Customers
- Feature Gap Analysis-OEM Focus versus Women Vehicle Buyers’ Preference
- Vehicle Body Type Preference of Women Customers
- Preferred Next Vehicle Purchase Model
- Women Customers’ Feel and Design of Current Vehicle
- Importance of Vehicle in Expressing Personalities
- Role of Vehicle in Expressing Women Customer Personalities
- Sales and Retail Needs of Women Customers-Key Findings
- Main Information/Opinion Sources about Vehicles for Women Customers
- Influence of Facebook on Decision to Purchase a Vehicle in North America
- Attitude about Vehicle Dealerships by Vehicle Segment
- Social Media Activities by Women Customers in North America
- Ownership Needs of Women Customers-Key Findings
- Lease Options-A Critical Factor for Attracting Women Customers
- Preferred Financing or Payment Options-By Gender
- Preferred Financing or Payment Options-By Vehicle Category
- Top Ideal Vehicle Brands by Purchasing Preference of Women in North America
- Driving Patterns and Vehicle Ownership among North America Owners
- Growth Opportunities-Women-centric Vehicle Buying in North America
- Strategic Imperatives for Success and Growth
- Voice of Women as Vehicle Customers-Research Premise
- Understanding Women Customer Preferences-So-what Analysis
- Top 5 Predictions about Women Car Buyers
- Legal Disclaimer