"Consumer Segmentation Model: Food Tourism", report contains a consumer segmentation model regarding the food tourism market based on survey responses. Main objective is to understand the three different consumer segment groups based around food tourism.
The author has identified three different types of food tourists worldwide: Foodies, Adventurers, Traditionalists.
What else does this report offer?
- Detailed market analysis, information, and insights, including:
- Historic and forecast tourist volumes and values covering Germany’s outbound tourism sector
- Detailed analysis of tourist spending patterns for various categories in the travel and tourism sector, such as purpose of spending and top source markets.
- Detailed analysis of the market trends in the Germany’s outbound tourism sector.
- Foodies are the type of tourists that will take a trip purely for culinary reasons and are most likely to be Asian. This consumer group has the most interest in the sharing economy and social media, and are likely to take a cultural and eco-tourism trip.
- Adventurers are somewhat likely to book a culinary trip and willing to try new food. With an average age of 42.9 years they are the oldest of every consumer group and the most likely to drink alcohol. Their next international trip is most likely to be in Europe.
- Traditionalists think food is nice but not a massive draw to go on holiday. They are the consumer group with the lowest disposable income and prefer cost above comfort when it comes to hotels and airlines, and the consumer group that has the highest preference for local food.
Reasons to buy
- Make strategic business decisions using a consumer segmentation model related to food tourism
- Understand consumer behaviour within the industry to identify key market trends and growth opportunities
- Direct the promotional efforts on most promising markets by identifying the different types of food tourists
Three different types of tourists
Cost / Comfort
Type of holiday
Reasons to take a holiday
Next international trip