Customer-centric innovation, digital transformation, value-added services, and exemplary customer service will drive the UK water retail market going forward. The market revenue is estimated at £4 billion, with a non-domestic customer base of about 1.2 million. This study includes the revenue forecast for 2017-2022 for three different scenarios: business as usual, optimistic, and conservative. For the business as usual scenario, the market is forecast to record a CAGR of 5.2% during 2017-2022, whereas for the conservative and optimistic scenarios, the market is forecast to record a CAGR of 2.5% and 10.5% respectively.
The study estimates the size of the UK Water retail market for 2017 and provides a forecast till 2021. The forecast is provided for three scenarios, as the market (launched in April 2017) is expected to undergo dynamic changes in the coming years. The study also highlights the applicable visioning scenarios with their macro to micro implications. The visioning scenarios included are: social and demographic trends, industry Mega Trends, new business models, disruptive technologies, and competitive landscape trends. The study also underscores the key market drivers and restraints and discusses their impact during the forecast period (2017-2022).
The publisher has considered nine levers for growth in this market, highlighting vision and strategy and brand and demand growth opportunities. For each of these nine levers, key context and opportunities along with a call to action have been discussed in this study. The competitive landscape trend is provided by listing the retail companies that have branched out of UK water utilities, other independent water retail companies, and self-supply licensees.
The study spells out the strategic imperatives and top predictions for the UK water retail market, which includes predictions on the importance of value-added services and disruptive technologies. For the benefit of the retail companies, the key trends and opportunities for attractive non-domestic customer segments have been also elucidated.
The following are the key questions that this study seeks to answer:
- Is the market growing and if so, at what rate? What is the anticipated growth rate for this market between 2017 and 2022?
- What are the new business models and disruptive technologies?
- What are the impacts of social and demographic trends, industry Mega Trends, disruptive technologies, new business models, and competitive landscape on key customer segments in the UK?
- What are the key growth levers influencing the UK water retail market?
- What are the strategic imperatives for the UK water retail market?
- Purpose of this Experiential Study
- Transformational Growth-A Three-Step Process
- Strategic Imperatives
- Market Definitions-UK Water Retail
- Background and Coverage-Products and Services Offered by UK Water Retail Companies
- Water Retail Market Scope
- Water Retail Market Objectives
- UK Water Retail Market-Key Stakeholders
- Features Offered by UK Water Retail Companies
- Drivers and Restraints
- Drivers Explained
- Restraints Explained
- Forecast Scenarios-UK Water Retail Market
- UK Water Retail Market-Revenue Forecast
- Revenue Forecast Discussion-UK Water Retail Market
- Macro to Micro Visioning
- Trends/Factors Impacting the UK Water Retail Market
- UK Water Retail Market-Top Predictions
- Levers for Growth
- Growth Opportunity-Disruptive Applications
- Growth Opportunity-Business Models
- Growth Opportunity-Current Offerings
- Growth Opportunity-Value-added Services
- Growth Opportunity-Partnerships
- Growth Opportunity-Brand Recognition
- Growth Opportunity-Brand Positioning
- Growth Opportunity-Differentiation
- Growth Opportunity-Customer Research
- Growth Opportunity-Inbound Marketing
- Legal Disclaimer
- Overview and Opportunity Analysis for UK Water Retail Companies-Key Customer Segments