Video laparoscopes market is a dynamic sector set to grow significantly over the forecast period; the most significant factor driving growth in this market is the demand for minimally invasive surgeries and technological advancements. However, there will be factors such as pricing pressures and limited hospital budgets that can potentially affect the growth of this market. As laparoscopic interventions are preferred over open surgeries, it is expected that the list of indications using video laparoscopes will expand, thereby leading to a higher adoption rate of these instruments.
Laparoscopy is an evolving technique and an important barrier to the growth of this market, which needs to be overcome, is the lack of skill set and confidence of surgeons performing these procedures. This can be addressed by training the surgeons through workshops conducted by the industry and medical associations.
Middle East and Africa video laparoscopes market was estimated at US$7.4M in 2016 across the five markets (Egypt, Israel, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, and United Arab Emirates [UAE]) covered in this report. By the end of the forecast period in 2023, it is estimated that the market will grow to approximately US$9.9M at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 4.2%.
Key drivers of the video laparoscopes market in the forecast period are -
- Increasing number of laparoscopic procedures owing to its benefits over open surgical interventions.
- Advanced product features that enable better image output and quality compared to non-video laparoscopes.
Middle East and Africa video laparoscopes market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 4.2% during the forecast period. South Africa represented the largest portion of the market in 2016, holding about 35.0% of the regional revenue, and is expected to maintain this dominance through the forecast period. The United Arab Emirates is expected to be the fastest-growing market through 2023, at a CAGR of 6.0%.
The video laparoscopes market is consolidated with presence of major multinational companies; the technology supporting the various product portfolios offered by these players is fairly standard, with incremental innovations in visualization modes and usability. Major players within the video laparoscopes space include B. Braun, Karl Storz, Olympus, Richard Wolf, and Stryker.
The report "MediPoint: Video Laparoscopes - Middle East and Africa Analysis and Market Forecasts", focuses on the market outlook for video laparoscopes in 5 markets total-the Middle East and Africa (Egypt, Israel, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, and United Arab Emirates [UAE]). This report analyzes and discusses the major drivers and barriers of video laparoscopes, and provides an in-depth understanding of the future outlook for this market by geography, with an overall emphasis on the current and future trends in the 5 countries.
Companies mentioned in this report: B. Braun, Karl Storz, Olympus, Richard Wolf, and Stryker.
- Data tables covering sales volume, average selling price, market values, and company share analysis
- Competitive Assessment of major players in the market and currently marketed video laparoscopes
- In-depth Analysis of the video laparoscopes market revenue by segment and market outlooks by region and country from 2014 to 2023.
- Other key topics covered include market characterization, market dynamics, and market trends
Reasons to buy
The report will enable you to -
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of marketed products and technologies.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the video laparoscopes market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the video laparoscopes market in the future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Track device sales in the global and country-specific video laparoscopes market from 2014-2023.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
1 Table of Contents
1.1 List of Tables
1.2 List of Figures
2 Executive Summary
2.1 Key Metrics
2.2 Market Dynamics
2.3 Key Players in the Video Laparoscopes Market
2.4 Video Laparoscopes Market Future Outlook
3.2 Related Reports
3.3 Upcoming Related Reports
4 Market Outlook
4.1 Sales Volume Trends
4.2 Pricing Trends
4.3 Revenue Trends
4.4 Company Share Analysis
5 Market Insights
5.1 Middle East and Africa
5.1.2 South Africa
5.1.3 Egypt, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates
6 Competitive Assessment
6.1 B. Braun
6.1.2 Portfolio Assessment
6.1.3 News and Deals Analysis
6.1.4 Competitive Positioning
6.2 Karl Storz
6.2.2 Portfolio Assessment
6.2.3 News and Deals Analysis
6.2.4 Competitive Positioning
6.3.2 Portfolio Assessment
6.3.3 News and Deals Analysis
6.3.4 Competitive Positioning
6.4 Richard Wolf
6.4.2 Portfolio Assessment
6.4.3 News and Deals Analysis
6.4.4 Competitive Positioning
6.5.2 Portfolio Assessment
6.5.3 Competitive Positioning
7.3.3 Secondary Research
7.3.4 Forecasting Methodology
7.3.5 Primary Research Summary
7.4 About the Authors
7.4.1 Vinie Varkey, MSc, General Surgery Analyst, Medical Devices
7.4.2 Linda Tian, Managing Analyst, Medical Devices
7.4.3 Tyler Fletcher, Global Head of Medical Devices
7.5 About the Publisher
7.6 Contact Us
1.1 List of Tables
Table 1: Video Laparoscopes, Key Metrics, 2016 and 2023
Table 2: Middle East and Africa Sales Volume Forecast for Video Laparoscopes, 2014-2023
Table 3: Middle East and Africa Video Laparoscopes Average Selling Price Forecast, 2014-2023
Table 4: Middle East and Africa Video Laparoscopes Market Revenue Forecast ($M), 2014-2023
Table 5: Middle East and Africa Video Laparoscopes Company Share Analysis, 2016
Table 6: B. Braun- Key Marketed Products Assessment
Table 7: B.Braun - Key Clinical Trials
Table 8: Karl Storz- Key Marketed Products Assessment
Table 9: Olympus- Key Marketed Products Assessment
Table 10: Richard Wolf - Key Marketed Products Assessment
Table 11: Stryker- Key Marketed Products Assessment
1.2 List of Figures
Figure 1: Middle East and Africa Video Laparoscopes Market Share Comparison, by Country, 2016 and 2023