The report provides comprehensive analysis as well as strategic insights into the overarching strategic positioning of the World’s 10 leading Commercial Aviation Companies through a Strategic Factor Analysis Summary (SFAS) framework analysis incorporating a holistic assessment as well as comprehensive analysis of the Business Structure, Market Positioning, Portfolio Performance, Business Strategies & Plans and degree of Environmental Responsiveness against the backdrop of an evolving industry landscape & shifting global dynamics with the civil aviation sector witnessing significant tailwinds driven by significant air traffic growth along with a technological leap in propulsion technologies driving significant reduction in aircraft operating economics.
The Global Commercial Aircraft market has crossed the peak demand threshold on the demand curve after a shortened, 12 year full scale demand boom cycle; as reflected by the dismal order intake across key industry OEMs over the past 2 years and their prevailing book to bill ratios. The latest demand boom had been driven by a combination of favorable demand drivers, macroeconomic forces and technological advances by the industry which transpired into record airlines profits over the past few years. The last 2 years, however, have witnessed a stagnation & softening of order intake for new commercial aircrafts, especially wide body jets, across most key industry OEMs amid an uncertain geopolitical environment along with resurgence of classic commercial aviation specific issues, most noticeably, trade protectionism & state subsidies, slowing down of global economy with increasing macroeconomic uncertainty and downward spiraling yield trend across airlines operators with projected, near-term increase in oil prices likely to put further pressure on profitability with some leading global legacy carriers already looking actively at measures to trim cost base. The long term demand drivers & fundamentals for commercial aviation, however, remain firmly in place with a strong passenger traffic growth trend projected over the next 2 decades.
The report provides an overall SFAS score on each of the 10 companies in the Commercial Aviation sector based on an analysis of each company's strategic positioning & the degree of responsiveness to its internal & external environment respectively, thereby, making it especially useful for competitive analysis & benchmarking.
The framework generates an insightful snapshot of the prevailing, overall strategic equation for each company by identifying, weighing, prioritizing & ranking strategic factors present in the internal & external environment through an Internal Factor Analysis Summary (IFAS) matrix followed by an External Factor Analysis Summary (EFAS) matrix based on their strategic significance & potential degree of impact along-with each respective company's corresponding degree of responsiveness to those factors. The framework, thus, assesses the strategic positioning & the degree of responsiveness of each company towards the present as well as emerging market & industry dynamics to be able to harness potential growth opportunities effectively by leveraging its structural & core strengths while negating the threats simultaneously.
SFAS, as a framework, thus, scores over the traditional SWOT analysis framework, in terms, of its ability to quantify strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats respectively based on the potential degree of effect of each strategic factor being analyzed and the company's commensurate degree of responsiveness to that, thereby, making it much more effective from the perspective of strategic planning and from a competitive assessment & analysis standpoint with the creation of a quantitative strategic snapshot on the company.
Relevance & Usefulness of the Report:
The report provides insights & inputs to be incorporated into the broader strategic planning & decision making processes and will be essential from a competitive analysis standpoint as well.
The report will be useful for:
- Strategic Planning, Competitive Assessment & Analysis and Benchmarking Exercise
- Identification of Key Strategic Factors for each company along-with their Quantitative Weights indicating Strategic Significance of each respective Factor through a Strategic Factor Analysis Summary (SFAS) Matrix
- Generation of an overall Strategic Equation & Quantified SFAS score for each company based on analysis of Strategic Positioning and Market Dynamics
- Ranking of the 10 leading Commercial Aviation Companies based on their SFAS scores.
- Assessment & evaluation of the Company's Degree of Responsiveness and Strategic Orientation towards Internal & External Environmental factors as assessed through the Internal & External Factor Analysis Summary (IFAS & EFAS) Matrices
- Identifying & highlighting areas for making potential Strategic Changes, Adjustments & Realignment
- Analysis of Forces Driving as well as restraining the Industry & their overall Dynamics
- Gaining access to Key Industry Trends, Issues & Challenges, Risk Factors & Industry Outlook
- Demand Forecasts & Analysis of Growth Trajectory for the Global Commercial Aircraft Market through 2035
The SFAS Framework analysis report will be essential for for those having strategic interest in the Commercial Aviation sector & will be especially useful for Program Managers, Procurement Managers, Airlines, Key Decision-Makers, Top Management of Companies, OEMs, Suppliers, Distributors, Vendors, MRO Services Providers, Technology & Other Services Solutions Providers. The report will also be useful for existing & potential Investors, Industry & Company Analysts, M&A Advisory Firms, Strategy & Management Consulting Firms, PE Firms, Venture Capitalists, Financing & Leasing Companies, Researchers and all those associated with the industry or any of the companies covered in the report.
Features, Benefits & Reasons to Procure:
- Provides Macro View and Big Picture Quickly
- Significant Time Savings
- Visual Representation
- Meetings & Presentation Ready Format
- Superior & Enriched User Experience with Incorporation of Relevant Images
Section - 1 Business Structure & Snapshot - For each of the 10 Commercial Aviation Companies
c) Business Segments
f) Market Capitalization
g) Key Executives
h) Shareholding/Ownership Pattern & Structure
Section - 2 Financial Performance Snapshot
1. Revenue Base & Growth Trend
2. Revenues Split by Key Segments
3. Revenues Split by Key Geographic Markets & Regions
4. Gross Earnings & Margin Trend
5. Operating Earnings & Operating Margin Trend
6. Return on Sales Trend
7. Profitability Growth Trend
8. Cash Flow from Operations
9. R&D Expenditure Trend
10. CAPEX Trend
Section - 3 Internal Factor Analysis Summary (IFAS) Matrix - For each of the 10 Key Industry Players
- Quantified Strategic Factors categorized under Strengths
- Quantified Strategic Factors categorized under Weaknesses
Section - 4 External Factor Analysis Summary (EFAS) Matrix
- Quantified Strategic Factors categorized under Opportunities
- Quantified Strategic Factors categorized under Threats
Section - 5
Strategic Factor Analysis Summary (SFAS) Matrix - With reprioritization, quantification & ranking of respective strategic factors deriving from IFAS & EFAS matrices.
- Quantified Sources of Strengths which could be Leveraged
- Quantified Weaknesses to be Worked Upon
- Opportunities to be Capitalized Upon & their Quantification to Assess Degree of Relevance & Usefulness
- Threats to be Mitigated, Negated & Overcome & their Quantification to Assess Potential Degree of Impact
Section - 6 Global Commercial Aircraft Market - Force Field Analysis - Analysis of Driving & Restraining Forces and their Overall Dynamics
- Driving Forces
- Restraining Forces
Section - 7
- Key Trends
- Industry Trends
- Market Trends
- Technology Trends
Section - 8 Key Issues, Challenges & Risk Factors
Section - 9 Strategic Market Outlook - Commercial Aviation Market 2016-2035
- Analysis of Emerging Market Scenario for Commercial Aviation Sector
- Global Demand Outlook - Commercial Aircrafts - 2016-2035
- Demand Growth Projections for Commercial Jets through 2035 - Narrowbody, Widebody & Regional Jets
- Demand Growth Forecasts for Regions