This research determines digital enterprise transformation as a set of activities that will reform business processes, empower stakeholders and provide new revenue models using digital technologies (such as Social Media, Mobility, Big Data and Analytics, Cloud technologies, IoT & Automation, and Cyber Security) and by embracing new digital avenues. In the National Digital enterprise readiness Index- survey, F&S has extensively covered the adoption of these digital technologies in transforming the business and creating new opportunities for growth.
Enterprise social networks are leveraged to enable formal and informal interactions within and outside an enterprise, thereby ensuring uniform and transparent communication. In telecom, social media is used as the customer communication channel and engagement tool to understand their core issues, and in background, run data analytics to know consumer behaviors. About 90% of the telecom operators use social media for customer sentiments analysis, customer engagement, and loyalty programs.
Enterprises are embracing BYOD (Bring-Your-Own-Devices, part of enterprise mobility) to enable the use of personal devices and the concept of work anytime-anywhere to improve employee efficiency and effectiveness. In the customer-first world, mobile has been at the center stage and the business models are coined to collect data and give the customer a uniform Omni-channel experience. Analytics enables unleashing the power of internal and external data gathered from various mediums through data discovery and visualization and advanced analytics.
Enterprise cloud allows a company to leverage cloud computing for critical as well as non-critical applications, thereby ensuring business agility, collaboration, and long-term cost savings. Telecom ISPs have invested substantially in bandwidth infrastructure; currently concentrating on increasing the connectivity speed. Telcos also serve as sell through for cloud services, and play an important role in the digital transformation of other sectors. The network services are bundled with cloud and packaged together. Connection between various cloud DCs is free. Automating Business Support Systems (BSS) and Operating support systems (OSS) will be the foundation of the network of the future. This would help BSS and OSS to respond to automatically to service and resource events, reduce risk, and work faster. Automating these services creates 2–3 times of savings during the short term.
In India, CIOs are adopting digital technologies at various levels based on the immediate need of organizations and revenue goals. There is a lack of holistic approach which is essential for long-term benefits. The study gives a perspective both about the demand and the supply side of the market to identify the maturity of the solutions available and also the levels of DT activities across various industries in the country. The study analyzes the challenges and drivers of digital transformation (DT) in India and also analyzes the levels of DT activities in major industries such as healthcare, manufacturing, BFSI, retail, and other sectors.
- Key Findings
- Mega Trends Abetting Digital Technologies
- Digital Transformation Trends Enabling the Mega Trends
- Impact of Trends on Verticals
- Digital Transformation Journey
- Impact of Digital Technologies
- Top Technologies’ Penetration across Verticals
- Uptake of Technology across Verticals
- Digital Transformation Case Studies
- Digital Technologies Penetration across the Globe
- Indian Market Snapshot
- Indian Digital Economy
- Growth Drivers
- Digital Transformation from an Adoption Standpoint
- Opportunity Zones in India
- Telecom Sector in India
- Telecom Market Survey
- Indian Telecom Industry Technology Drivers and Restraints
- Technology Investment Areas
- Social Media in Telecom
- Cloud Technologies in Telecom
- Big Data and Analytics in Telecom
- Automation in Telecom
- Cyber Security in Telecom
- Final Words on Digital Transformation in Telecom
- Enterprise Digital Transformation (EDT) Snapshot
- Key Takeaways from a Supply-side Standpoint
- Role of IT/ITES Companies in Telecom Digital Transformation
- The Road Ahead to Digital Transformation for Enterprises
- Legal Disclaimer