'TrendSights Analysis: Smart Living' explores what the trend is, why it is important, who is most influenced by it, and how brands and manufacturers can capitalize on it. The research concludes by identifying where the trend is heading next and how long it will last.
The Smart Living trend represents the integration of technology in everyday products and services as the online and offline worlds blur. Smart tools gives consumers newfound abilities to monitor and manage their lifestyles, while smart appliances in the home play into the desire to make life easier, shortening time spent on household chores. Technology is also impacting the retail space, with the online retail giant Amazon leading a retail revolution that is looking to make shopping experiences even more convenient and instantaneous.
- 86% of Millennials say they own a smartphone, which is 19 percentage points higher than over-35s.
- 59% of global consumers find the concept of an internet-connected kitchen appealing.
- 67% of global consumers would consider using in future or are already using digital tools to monitor or manage exercise/fitness, while 62% say the same for their weight and 56% for food/drink consumption.
- Understand the relevant consumer trends and attitudes that drive and support innovation success so you can tap into what is really impacting the industry.
- Gain a broader appreciation of the fast-moving consumer goods industry by gaining insights from both within and outside of your sector.
- Access valuable strategic take-outs to help direct future decision-making and inform new product development.