Asia-Pacific (APAC) elbow replacement market was estimated at US$4.2m in 2016 across the seven markets (Australia, China, India, Japan, New Zealand, South Korea, and Taiwan) covered in this report. By the end of the forecast period in 2023, it is estimated that the market will grow to approximately US$5.5m at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 3.8%.
Key drivers of the elbow replacement market in the forecast period are - The growing global aging population and rising prevalence of diseases such as osteoarthritis (OA) and rheumatoid arthritis (RA).
- Patient preference for an active lifestyle, leading to the choice of total joint replacement over joint fusion.
- Continued efforts from manufacturers to promote and educate patients and surgeons about extremity implants.
Most of the elbow replacement market is occupied by a few players including Wright Medical, Stryker, Zimmer Biomet, and Integra LifeSciences. These companies are dominant players in the medical device industry with significant clinical research data driving product adoption and expansive sales and distribution networks. Elbow prostheses tend to be loss-leaders or barely profitable, and therefore market share is expected to sway towards larger companies with ample financial resources to weather any losses.
Total elbow arthroplasty (TEA) is one of the five procedures that make up the extremity joint market; the others are shoulder, wrist, digit, and ankle. As the general population ages, the number of arthritis cases and elbow fractures increase, contributing largely to the number of elbow replacements performed. Although arthritis in small joints occurs far less frequently than at the hip or knee joint, the physical impairments for patients with extremity arthritis are equivalent to those of other forms of arthritis. The disability of these joints can severely hinder a person’s ability to engage in recreational activities, perform vocational duties, or even carry out the activities of daily living.
The accelerators for growth in the elbow replacement market include changing population demographics, physical activity levels associated with the older generation, and an increased awareness of the procedure. Compared to past years, people tend to engage in competitive sports and other intense physical activities from an earlier age and until later in life. As a result, there will be an expected increase in the incidence of ankle-related sports injuries in addition to normal degradation of the joint due to aging. These joint dysfunctions, albeit less common in the elbow than in big joints, lead to an increased likelihood of replacement procedures in later years.
The report 'MediPoint: Elbow Replacement - APAC Analysis and Market Forecasts' focuses on the market outlook for elbow replacement devices in Asia-Pacific (APAC: Australia, China, India, Japan, New Zealand, South Korea, and Taiwan). The analysis identifies the key unmet needs in the elbow replacement market, discusses the major drivers and barriers of adoption, and provides an in-depth understanding of physicians’ perceptions and the future outlook for this market by segment and geography.
Companies mentioned in this report: DJO Global, Acumed, Corin Group, Integra LifeSciences, Kyocera Medical, Lima Corporate, Stryker, Wright Medical Group, Zimmer Biomet.
- Overview of recent key industry events and analysis of their market impact.
- Annualized total market revenue, procedure trends, and market outlooks by segment and by region through 2023.
- Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, identification of unmet needs, reimbursement considerations, evaluating market access in each region covered in the report, and implications of the emerging technologies in the market.
- Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global elbow replacement market. Insightful review of industry drivers, barriers, and challenges.
The report will enable you to - Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of marketed products and technologies.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the video Laparoscopes market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the video Laparoscopes market in the future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Track device sales in country-specific video Laparoscopes market from 2014-2023.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
1.1.1 Tobe Madu, MSc, Analyst, Medical Devices
1.2 Global Head of Medical Devices
1.2.1 Tyler Fletcher, Global Head of Medical Devices
2 Table of Contents
2.1 List of Tables
2.2 List of Figures
3 Executive Summary
3.1 Key Metrics
3.2 Market Dynamics
3.3 Key Players
3.4 Future Outlook
3.5 What Do Physicians think?
4.2 Related Reports
4.3 Upcoming Related Reports
5 Market Outlook
5.1 Procedure Trends
5.2 Pricing Trends
5.3 Revenue Trends
5.4 Company Share Analysis
6 Market Insights
6.1.1 Australia and New Zealand
6.1.2 China and Taiwan
6.1.5 South Korea
7 Competitive Assessment
7.2 DJO Global
7.2.1 Portfolio Assessment
7.2.2 Deal Analysis
7.2.3 Competitive Positioning
7.3.1 Portfolio Assessment
7.3.2 Competitive Positioning
7.4 Corin Group
7.4.1 Portfolio Assessment
7.4.2 Deal Analysis
7.4.3 Competitive Positioning
7.5 Integra LifeSciences
7.5.1 Portfolio Assessment
7.5.2 Competitive Positioning
7.6 Kyocera Medical
7.6.1 Portfolio Assessment
7.6.2 Competitive Positioning
7.7 Lima Corporate
7.7.1 Portfolio Assessment
7.7.2 Deal Analysis
7.7.3 Competitive Positioning
7.8.1 Portfolio Assessment
7.8.2 Deal Analysis
7.8.3 Competitive Positioning
7.9 Wright Medical Group
7.9.1 Portfolio Assessment
7.9.2 Deal Analysis
7.9.3 Competitive Positioning
7.10 Zimmer Biomet
7.10.1 Portfolio Assessment
7.10.2 Deal Analysis
7.10.3 Competitive Positioning
8.3.3 Secondary Research
8.3.4 Forecasting Methodology
8.3.5 Primary Research Summary
8.4 About MediPoint
8.5 About the Publisher
8.6 Contact Us
List of Tables:
Table 1: Elbow Replacement, Key Metrics, 2016- 2023
Table 2: Asia-Pacific Elbow Replacement Procedure Volume Forecast, 2014-2023
Table 3: Asia-Pacific Elbow Replacement Implants Average Selling Price ($) Forecast, 2014-2023
Table 4: Asia-Pacific Elbow Replacement Market Revenue Forecast ($m), 2014-2023
Table 5: Asia-Pacific Elbow Replacement Company Share Analysis, 20161
Table 6: DJO Global - Key Marketed Products Assessment
Table 7: Acumed - Key Marketed Products Assessment
Table 8: Corin Group - Key Marketed Products Assessment
Table 9: Integra LifeSciences - Key Marketed Products Assessment
Table 10: Integra LifeSciences - Key Clinical Trials
Table 11: Kyocera Medical - Key Marketed Products Assessment
Table 12: Lima Corporate - Key Marketed Products Assessment
Table 13: Stryker - Key Marketed Products Assessment
Table 14: Wright Medical Group - Key Marketed Products Assessment
Table 15: Zimmer Biomet - Key Marketed Products Assessment
Table 16: Zimmer Biomet - Key Clinical Trials
List of Figures:
Figure 1: APAC Elbow Replacement Market Share Comparison by Country, 2016 and