'Cigarettes in Yemen, 2017', is an analytical report that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the market. The report offers Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis, and our in-house expertise.
Cigarette sales in Yemen have suffered from the sluggish economic performance in recent years as well as from a rise in the profile of the non-duty paid sector and, more recently, civil disturbances. Cigarettes volumes are expected to decrease by 9.0% in 2016 reaching 7.1 billion pieces, which is 0.4% above its 1990 levels. Per capita consumption averaged only 260 pieces per year in 2016, 52.6% down on 1990 levels. We estimate volumes to be 18.0% above those in 2016. Per capita sales will stand at a forecast 251 pieces in 2026 and still 3.3% down on 2016.
- Cigarettes volumes are expected to decrease by 9.0% in 2016 reaching 7.1 billion pieces, which is 0.4% above its 1990 levels.
- Per capita consumption averaged only 260 pieces per year in 2016, 52.6% down on 1990 levels.
- The country's smoking population is growing as the population expands 2.9 million adult smokers aged 18 years and over in Yemen in 2016.
- Yemen has traditionally had three cigarette manufacturers, two of which are partly state-owned: National Tobacco & Matches Company (NTMC) which is the leading compnay with 47.8% share in 2016 and National Cigarette & Match Industries (NCMI) with 30.1% share in 2016, followed by United Industries Company with 19.6% share.
- We estimate volumes to be 18.0% above those in 2016. Per capita sales will stand at a forecast 251 pieces in 2016 and still 3.3% down on 2016.
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
2. Market Size
3. Market Structure
4. Manufacturers & Brands
5. Taxation & Retail Prices
5.2. Retail Prices
6. The Smoking Population
7. Production & Trade
8. Operating constraints
8.1. Advertising Restrictions
8.2. Health Warnings
8.3. Government Restrictions
9. Company Profiles
10. Prospects & Forecasts
11.1. What is this Report About?
11.2. Time Frame
11.3. Product Category Coverage
11.5. About the Publisher
11.7. Contact Us
List of Tables:
Table 1: Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2016
Table 2: Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2016
Table 3: Manufacturer Sales, Million Pieces, 2000-2016
Table 4: Manufacturer Market Shares, % Volume, 2000-2016
Table 5: Smoking Population, 1990-2016
Table 6: Cigarette Production, 1990-2015
Table 7: Cigarette Imports, 1995-2015, Volume
Table 8: Imports by Country of Origin, Million Pieces, 2004-2015
Table 9: Imports by Country of Origin, Million Pieces, %, 2004-2015
Table 10: Exports of Cigarettes, 1997-2015
Table 11: Exports by Country of Origin, Million Pieces, 2004-2015
Table 12: Exports by Country of Origin, Million Pieces, %, 2004-2015
Table 13: Company profile: National Tobacco & Matches Company (NTMC)
Table 14: Company profile: National Cigarette & Match Industries Ltd (NCMI)
Table 15: Company profile: United Industries Company Ltd (HSA Group)
Table 16: Consumption Forecasts, 2016-2026
List of Figures:
Figure 1: Methodology
Figure 2: The publisher at a glance
- National Tobacco & Matches Company (NTMC)
- National Cigarette and Match Industries Ltd (NCMI)
- British American Tobacco (BAT)
- Rothmans International
- United Industries Company (UIC)
- Hayel Saeed Anam Group (HSA Group)
- Japan Tobacco International (JTI)