"Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Germany, Market Shares, Summary and Forecasts to 2021" provides data for historic and forecast retail sales, and also includes information on the business environment and country risk related to German retail environment. In addition, it analyzes the key consumer trends influencing German clothing and footwear industry.
The clothing & footwear market will grow by a CAGR of 2.2% between 2016 and 2021. It will reach a value of EUR79.8bn by 2021 but all the growth in the market is coming from online, which will grown by CAGR10.3% and account for 30% of all sales by then.
The top five clothing & footwear retailers in the country are international players with H&M leading the race. Consumers are not only buying more online they are also buying more from value retailers and discounters such as Takko, KiK, Primark and TK Maxx. This is putting pressure on traditional players such as C&A and the department stores who are losing share.
What else does this report offer?
- In-depth analysis of the latest trends in consumer shopping, covering the factors driving shopping, consumer insights, market dynamics
- The report also details major retailers in clothing and footwear category group with their product proposition analysis and market positioning in 2016 along with recent key developments
- Market insights based on consumer trends, changing economic and demographic factors, technology innovations, and other macroeconomic factors
- Retail sales and the fastest-growing product categories in clothing and footwear sector
- Qualitative and quantitative insights of changing retail dynamics in clothing and footwear sector
- The clothing & footwear market is set to grow steadily over the five years to 2021, but with a CAGR of 2.2%
- Fast fashion takes a strong hold on the market
- Department stores lose their shares to hard-discounters
- Menswear influenced by fashion and sportswear
- Growing inclination for fashion footwear to drive sales
- Big retailers to face challenges with Amazon’s expansion
- Fast fashion has become a major influence on spending
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge on clothing and footwear sector in the German retail market and develop a competitive advantage from the start of your supply chain
- Investigate current and forecast behavior trends in clothing and footwear category to identify the best opportunities to exploit
- Understand the fastest growing categories including menswear, womenswear, childrenswear, men’s footwear, women’s footwear and children’s footwear in the market
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in the clothing and footwear market
- Explore novel opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand by analyzing the vital economic and population trends, key consumer and technology trends influencing the clothing and footwear market