Insights Briefing: Chia provides a clear and compelling summary of the chia craze and its manifestations within FMCG innovation since 2014, looking at key applications by category and geography, trends in use over time, key functional claims and diverse product examples.
Reasons to Purchase
- Find out which categories and countries have been particularly impacted by the chia and craze, and where gaps and opportunities lie.
- Align your brand to industry trends by exploring the relationship between chia and key functional claims.
- Get inspired by exploring relevant product launches using chia as a flagship ingredient.
- Benchmark chia against comparable ingredients including flax and quinoa.
1. About chia: What is chia?; Nutritional profile; Comparison with flax and quinoa
2. Leading markets: bakery and snacks are key; Chia in new launches by market (main category); Top 5 categories for chia (sub-category)
3. Leading claims: 'Free from' and 'functional' feature strongly; Top claims in new launches featuring chia, versus global average
4. Use of chia over time: use in new launches ticks up in 2016; Chia use in new launches over time, versus comparable ingredients; Chia use in new launches by region
5. Product examples: Qualy Multigrain Margarine; Henry Jones Fruit & Chia Spread; Powerful Yogurt Lemon & Chia Yoghurt; Harvest Soul Chewable Juice
Appendix: References; About; Related Research; Scope & Methodology