The understanding of Industry 4.0 and its impact on the manufacturing industry as Industry 4.0 is becoming an integral part of operational performance, and manufacturing excellence. In addition, it includes coverage of selected service providers in terms of Industry 4.0 services, and the adoption of Industry 4.0 in different industry verticals across geographies.
The Industry 4.0 market is an emerging area, and most service providers pointed to proof-of-concept (PoC) and very small project engagements with clients rather than to any large-scale implementations. The services market for this new technology is still evolving and has yet to enjoy the benefits of scale. Through consulting-led technology projects, service providers are helping manufacturers start on their Industry 4.0 journey. Academic institutions and original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) have generated a great deal of thought leadership for Industry 4.0. However, due to the active involvement of emerging technologies, getting from theory to reality requires additional skill sets the service providers are able to provide. This is leading to a number of collaborations between service providers and OEMs and academic institutions.
At this point, many of the leading players in the manufacturing industry are starting to learn from and adopt Industry 4.0. Manufacturers still in watch mode must start to investigate now so they aren’t left behind. The purpose of this Blueprint Guide is to help manufacturing firms think through the implications Industry 4.0 will have in the near future and to give a preliminary overview of the service providers we see offering Industry 4.0 services.
- What You Need to Know About Industry 4.0
- Industry 4.0 Framework: The Digital OneManufacturing Organization
- Levers of Industry 4.0
- Industry 4.0 Transformation Journey
- Advantages of Industry 4.0
- About This Blueprint Market Guide
- Industry 4.0 Services Value Chain Analysis
- The Current State of the Industry 4.0 Services Landscape
- Service Providers’ Strategy for Industry 4.0
- Recommendations for Buyers
- Industry 4.0 Services Blueprint: The Grid
- Blueprint Guide Grid Summary
- What to Watch
- In Summary
- About the Authors