Until it was overtaken by China in 2012, Japan was the second biggest cinema market in the world. Although hampered by high real estate costs, which act to constrain cinema building and attendance, the market is a dynamic one. Japanese film studios have taken advantage of Hollywood cutbacks to build market share for their own franchises, while domestic exhibitors and leisure industry operators have bought out the foreign investors attracted by the multiplex boom.
This report tracks these and other recent developments, offering comprehensive statistics covering the market since 2000 plus forecasts for the next five years, with additional data covering exhibitor screen counts and market shares in film distribution.
- Aeon Cinemas
- United Cinemas
- Tokyu Recreation
List Of Tables
- Japanese Cinema Market 2011-2016
- Releases and Box Office by Nationality of Film 2011-2016
- Top 20 Films 2016
- Leading Distributors 2016
- Cinema Screens 2011-2016
- Leading Exhibitors March 2017
- Toho Co Film Production, Distribution and Exhibition 2013-2017
- Japan Forecasts 2016-2021