Nanomedicine in Central Nervous System Injury and Repair (IRN), Volume 137, the latest release in the International Review of Neurobiology series presents comprehensive chapters that cover a broad range of topics, including, but not limited to, how Diabetes exacerbates methamphetamine induced blood-brain barrier breakdown, edema formation, oxidative stress and myelin damage, and how Focal blast brain injury induces rapid edema formation, blood-brain barrier breakdown and intensive cellular damage. In addition, the Neuroprotective effects of a multimodal drug cerebrolysin are explored, as is how Nanowired cerebrolysin potentiates neuroprotective effects of histamine H3 receptor inverse agonist and antagonist with partial H4 agonist in Alzheimer's Disease.
This series reviews current knowledge and understanding on how to repair the damaged spinal cord and brain with nanomedicine, detailing new therapeutic advances and providing a starting point for researchers and practitioners entering the field.
- Provides cutting-edge research on the damaged spinal cord and brain
- Presents new therapeutic advances
- Reviews current knowledge and understanding
- Current Strategies for the Delivery of Therapeutic Proteins and Enzymes to Treat Brain Disorders J.T. Duskey, D. Belletti, F. Pederzoli, M.A. Vandelli, F. Forni, B. Ruozi, G. Tosi1
- Impact of inflammation on the blood-neural barrier and blood-nerve interface: from review to therapeutic preview Stephen D. Skaper
- Intravenous administration of Functionalized Magnetic Iron Oxide Nanoparticles does not induce CNS injury in the rat. Influence of spinal cord trauma and Cerebrolysin treatment Preeti K Menon, Aruna Sharma, José Vicente Lafuente, Dafin F Muresanu, Zoraida P. Aguilar, Y. Andrew Wang, Ranjana Patnaik, Herbert Mössler, Hari S Sharma
- Histaminergic Receptors Modulate Spinal cord Injury induced neuronal Nitric Oxide Synthase Upregulation and Cord Pathology. New Roles of Nanowired drug delivery for Neuroprotection Hari Shanker Sharma, Ranjana Patnaik, Dafin F Muresanu, José Vicente Lafuente, Asya Ozkizilcik, Z Ryan Tian, Ala Nozari, Aruna Sharma
- Nanoformulation, a useful therapeutic strategy for improving neuroprotection and the neurorestorative potential in experimental models of Parkinson's Disease Lafuente JV1, Requejo C, Carrasco A, Pomposo I, Bengoetxea H
- Novel treatment strategies using TiO2 nanowired delivery of Histaminergic drugs and antibodies to tau with cerebrolysin for superior Neuroprotection in the pathophysiology of Alzheimer's disease Aruna Sharma, Preeti K Menon, Ranjana Patnaik, Dafin F Muresanu, José Vicente Lafuente, Z Ryan Tian, Asya Ozkizilcik, Rudy J Castellani, Herbert Mössler